1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake BIAS

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Befaro, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Hello ,
    thanks for taking your time to view this thread.
    I have a short question: Does anyone know how much the Brake-Balance gets adjusted when you switch to "REAR" "NORMAL" and "FRONT"? Is there a numeric value involved? Like +/- 5%?
  2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I don't think anyone knows, I have not seen a definite number ....... just people guessing :)

1% sounds low ..... 5% maybe a good guess, but sounds a bit high to me :cautious:
  3. E.g. in the ca2_bahrain.ctf file there are following values:
    • break_bias_forward: 0.616923
    • brake_bias: 0.576923
    • break_bias_backward: 0.516923
    This has led me to believe, that the difference is 5% as mentioned by Graham. I haven't tested what happens if I change the values though.
    On separate note when comparing to last years' values, they were 0.5, 0.6 and 0.7.
    in the same file the brake_torque values are 2600 for f12012, compared to 3200 for F12011. I think that is one of the reasons, why the breaking distances are longer in this year's game (the brakes are weaker).
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

That's a difference of +4% for front and -6% for back working from the neutral position.
  5. What are the differences on other tracks, cause maybe it's track-dependant?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Staying with Caterham, for Monaco & Monza, in Monaco the brake_bias is bit smaller (0.574468 vs. 0.576923) and the brake_torque_forward is 2350 vs. Monza's 2600. And quick look at Hockenheim, Korea & Sepang reveals, they are the same as for Monza. And these values seems to be the same for McLaren too in other tracks except Monaco.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Just looked at the data in states.bin. For the car setup screen, the values are
    • balance_min="0"
    • balance_max="-5"
    • balance_range="20.0f"
    • range_begin="40"
    The last two are clear, i.e. the beginning of the range and the total range (i.e. 40%-60%). What I don't really know/understand, is what the balance min means, i.e. does it mean, that the 40% setting is actually the break_bias mentioned above, i.e. then 50% value would already be -2.5 towards back, i.e. the roughly .6. Any ideas?