1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIP Brackenhill Park

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder Projects' started by Ralf Ääro, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Hi

Started this Track long ago and paused it for a while because of other projects.
    After some month I felt it would be nice having a fictional track which is like old british tracks (like croft, snetterton, brands and so on).
    So I used the Brackenhill project for it. I found the old layout not very breath-taking and decided to change it in most parts.

What I have now is a nice, narrow but fast circuit around a hill an into the forest before heading towards a small town. Every Corner / Bend has it's own challenge.

Here some examples:

Out of the First Corner you can lose control if you couldn't make it fast enough back to track, as there is a small gap between two curbs with sand in it.

Before Double Apex Corner theres a bump which makes it difficult to break and steer into the corner.

After some no-look-turns you will reach the last sector which starts with North-S and West Bend directly aligned to each other. Here it's important to find the right line and speed.

Here you can see a video (not the best quality I think;but my internet is not the fastest, so I decided to have less data size).

Please tell me what you think of it.
  2. Looks nice, must say. Reminds me a bit of the Schleizer Dreieck beta.
  3. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Does look good. And possibility of extra layouts? As i saw another track in there somewhere :)
  4. As you can see in the graphic posted above, there is another layout called "Grand Prix" ;)
  5. BrackenhillPark - Traditional 0.1 beta Testversion
    for rFactor

Fo testing reasons only!

Known Problems:
    - Maybe no loading Screen
    - NO! working AI (so you may not race against AI Drivers on this circuit so far)
    - Some Terrain bumps outside the track / in run-out areas
    - Pit-Limiter is not automatically shut down at the end of pit-lane
    - Maybe you can drive through some of the walls
    and some more^^

Link: http://www.ampix.net/novatracks/BTraditional.rar (48 MB)

Install: Just extract the Archive to your rFactor/GameData/Locations Folder.

Maybe Report bugs and have fun! [​IMG]