BOXER COCKPIT FOV problem?

M D Gourley

Premium
Hello everyone,
I am enjoying AMS a lot and when I jumped into the Boxer cockpit the FOV in triple screen seems to be a different perspective so I can not get it to the same FOV perspective as all other cars in AMS..as I personally like seeing half the steering wheel in cockpit view and using the rear view and side mirrors when driving (as you do in a real car)...but the Boxer cockpit when moving the FOV out to get the rear view and side mirrors on screen for viewing the steering wheel is to far forward.
I have tried all the seating adjustments but nothing works properly as they do with the rest of the AMS cars....maybe a fix down the line...just a wee nick pick...lol....awesome sounds and FFB though, as are all the rest of the car content.

Attachments

• AMS BOXER COCKPIT new.jpg
    AMS BOXER COCKPIT new.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 458
  • AMS STOCKCAR COCKPIT new.jpg
    AMS STOCKCAR COCKPIT new.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 437
My advice would be to just run correct fov and use virtual mirrors if needed. Setting up fov by wheels or mirrors is just wrong and you will end up with different fov for every car meanin some will be way off.

After struggling to find the usual seat position that I use in all the other games with Porsche/Ruf cars, I checked some in real life pics and the cockpit proportions are completely wrong in the Boxer 3D model.

The steering wheel looks like a bit misplaced/smaller and the dashboard is way too short.
Apparently there is also a problem with the rear part of the roolbar that should be symmetrical.

tyx0vHw.png

photo.jpg

I had the same feeling about the cockpit cam being too close to the dash. Even moving the cam to its furtherst back position didnt give me the perfect feeling.
To solve this, btw the fov is correct in boxer cup car, i changed the cam file to my liking.
Go to XX:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\BoxerCup and open the .cams file with Editor. Look for the Cockpit cam and change the last value in "Position Offset" to e.g. 0.3000.
hope that helps...
TNF

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back