Resource icon

Apps BOX cam 0.7.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think maybe you emailed me? That's probably possible, but I'm in a different city from my sim rig and both can't reply to emails (google doesn't trust this ip) or check the python myself.
Yep, i've tried sending you an email. I'm trying to configure your app due a major mod for assetto corsa. I'm trying to achieve a speed effect by changing dynamically the fov with a line like this :
fov = 60 + (ac.getCarState(current_car, acsys.CS.SpeedKMH) / 3))

I'm a programmer but i only know C# and some other web languages, so i don't know how to edit this python file. Any type of advice is welcome!

Attachments

• stereo_boxcam.txt
    25.3 KB · Views: 283
I believe in the latest version I have it set up to import the CSP extension python if that's available, and you'd need to look in that for the function that can set fov, then put it in the code that runs once per frame. I'm not sure where or if the csp python is documented though.

I believe in the latest version I have it set up to import the CSP extension python if that's available, and you'd need to look in that for the function that can set fov, then put it in the code that runs once per frame. I'm not sure where or if the csp python is documented though.
I tried pasting the code pretty everywhere and i successfully failed. ;)
Waiting for someone who can help me.

I managed to create what I wanted to create and the result is amazing. But I noticed something else. In the stock app I can move the camera with the keyboard arrows. Are the keys mapped to be them? can i change them? Thanks in advance!

I get this error. I've tried ALL versions of box cam. EVERYTHING is enabled in Assetto corsa related to boxcam. I dont know how to fix it. 1 day it just stopped working.

1626999000076.png

I cant seem to make chase cam work, i modify the cam while standing still, i press SAVE BASE, then i start driving and camera reverts to original position too close to my car, i cant zoom out, any idea? i want just a more dynamic chase cam thats it :(

What are you using to modify it?
i go to a track, i open box cam app, i press activate, i press chase cam, i am standing still in neutral gear, i modify using arrow keys, page down and up and pitch, i press SAVE BASE and then i start driving and camera goes all the way to the car, does not stay as i placed it, any idea? or is this standard behaviour and i am trying to achieve something that is not possible?

Is there any way to convert the boxcam chase cam to a "Chaser Camera" extension? I'm starting to find your app way too cool but i need to activate every time. I'm trying to find a way to make it the default chasecam. Any suggestion? (I want to include it in my project, tell me if you're okay with that.)
The Project

Last edited:
Is there any way to convert the boxcam chase cam to a "Chaser Camera" extension? I'm starting to find your app way too cool but i need to activate every time. I'm trying to find a way to make it the default chasecam. Any suggestion? (I want to include it in my project, tell me if you're okay with that.)
The Project
I would love a chaser camera that functions just like this one. The default ones are a bit funky...

Thanks! That camera is just what I was looking for! The problem with the chasecam is that it is locked on the Y axis. This means that taking bumps and holes will move ALL the view and not just the car. I find all this very annoying ..
I just don't know how to contact him.

UPDATE: Problem solved, i contacted him.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea