Bottas Admits Williams Form Is Frustrating

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Williams new boy Valtteri Bottas insists he is not the only one frustrated at Williams' lack of pace. He claims the team are equally as frustrated about the performance - or lack of - as he is. The Grove based team entered into the 2013 season confident they would be bettering last season’s start, where the team had a good car and it proved quick enough in Spain to take the chequered flag.

Image via YallaF1

The unfortunate thing is, neither of the Williams' drivers has made it into Q3 this season. Maldonado has had to retire twice, while his team mate has claimed the team’s highest finishing position this season - eleventh.

The Williams' new arrival has admitted he was expecting to be able to challenge for top 10 finishes from the off.

"Of course I was hoping to fight for better positions, the goal is to get higher and be consistently in the points. It's what the team was hoping for and what I'm hoping for so of course it's a bit disappointing. It is how it is now, we just need to get back there. We're understanding more all the time. We need more time but we will get there." He told AutoSport.

Williams recently told the press, that they believe the exhaust was the biggest weakness of the car.

Meanwhile, Bottas still insists he can see the potential in the FW35 despite the poor start, insisting that once they get some pace back the car is a serious contender for the win of some races.

"The goal for this year is to improve the position from last year so we need to get working." he said.
View the Post on the Blog

Sounds funny, wasn't sure, thanks, i got now one phrase more in my vocabulary. I've heard "they're off" hundreds of times, somehow associated it for present action, something that happens right now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back