F1 2010 Both Lotus cars in the points at Monaco! in 50% Career Mode

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
Yes that includes Jarno!

Career mode, season 4 Lotus. 50% Distance-Expert mode, except auto box and no fuel sim.

All career drivers have experienced it, you nab a points paying position in the first stint and then a train comes by the pits and you rejoin in 15th and maybe score 12th if you’re lucky.
Read on:
Qualified 12[SUP]th[/SUP]. Started on Options. Jarno was in P10. Passed 6 drivers before the tunnel on lap 1 as they hesitated/queued at turns 1, 4 and 5 entered the tunnel in P6. Pushed hard to distance the mid field cars B4 my planned pit stop on lap 11. However found myself all over Button on lap 4. This is the first time that the front runners haven’t just walked away from me after lap 1 at Monaco. I guess season 4 Lotus, a bit better speed and Options (usually go for Primes and a Trulli train here) to thank.
I attacked Button at the Loews (Fairmont) hairpin, passed on the inside, it involved some contact and he spun. I looked at the minimap and there was a brief traffic jam as AI found their way through. The gap behind me was big, poss 15 seconds. I knew it was temporary and seized the moment deciding to test if it was a pit stop sized gap? Would primes last 35 laps? I thought of little Seb this season and went for the pit stop grabbing Primes. It was going to be close I saw them rounding Rasscasse en masse as my crew fitted primes.
I just made it and had to defend into St Devote from a Renault. I was in clear air with no pit stops required and in P6 at Monaco!
Somehow Jarno found himself in P7 after the stops and kept it. He lead a big Trulli train that actually caught me up slowly and the last 5 laps the gap was -2 sec. I looked at the mini map and saw Jarno had my back and was so proud of him. (ok I know its virtual).
10 laps from home the leaders were 1m08sec ahead and I was expecting a blue flag but by race end they were only 41 sec ahead. I can only guess that they couldn’t get through the train at Monaco, Blue flag or no Blue Flag.
So P6 for me, P7 for Jarno. High Fives in the pits for Lotus and Jarnos first points in 3 ½ seasons!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back