Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
bosslogo.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM BOSS
Class: Ford Mustang Boss Mod (Download)
Track: Rattlesnake Point (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (7 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (7 laps)

Note1: Skins that come with the Boss Mod Only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry & Livery Assignment:
  1. Jack Smith - #1
  2. Ian Strom - #2
  3. Jacob Boonstra - #8
  4. Roland Warmenhoven - #9
  5. Knut Omdal Tveito - #14
  6. Stuart Thomson - #15
  7. Senad Subasic - #16
  8. Eck Simpson - #18
  9. Neil Gault - #27
  10. David Cuthill - #28
  11. Ross Garland - #33
  12. Driver - #37
  13. Driver - #40
  14. Driver - #45
  15. Driver - #70
  16. Driver - #83
  17. Driver - #99
  18. Driver - #100
  19. Driver - #102
  20. Driver - #302
  21. Driver - #1
  22. Driver - #2
  23. Driver - #8
  24. Driver - #9
  25. Driver - #14
  26. Driver - #15
  27. Driver - #16
  28. Driver - #18
  29. Driver - #27
  30. Driver - #28
Liveries will be assignedin numerical order as you sign up. 1st sign up gets #1, 2nd gets #2, 3rd gets #8 etc.
The assignment restarts after 20 drivers, so the 21st sign up will get #1, 22nd #2, 23rd #8 etc.

Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Had great fun racing this track, made some decent laptimes and had nice fights whith Neil as well in race 1 and 2. But couldn't get around him, sorry i hit you in race 1:oops: . Made a braking mistake and ended up in the back where i crossed the path of David C......:eek: No worries David, apologies accepted...
CYA next time!

@Roland Warmenhoven: sorry mate, PC just crashed so thats why I disconnected in the end there. But I will dig around a little on that graphics thing.

Had two fine races tonight. Was a difficult track to learn but a very good combo.

It was very close with Eck again tonight. Had some nice racing in R1 and a few scary moments as well when I was late on the brakes. Was able to keep him within ~1s for most of the race, but towards the end, my rear tires surprised me abit and lost a good amount in the last few corners.

In the second race I got away in the first laps and made up a a significant gap. But I couldn't really increase the gap down to Eck which remained constant.

Thanks again Stu for the organizing and thanks all that showed up.

Sorry for leaving but not a good night for me. I just didn't have any feel for the car or track ( lacked patience for some reason) and I struggled keeping it together in both events and decided to retire early after failing to maintain any consistancy. I went off track too many times from poor handling of the down shifting . I kept going into third, or second at the incorrect time which resulted in the car twisting out of control; such that, I that I fell far behind, became frustrated, and I would have been a hazard for anyone around me. It seemed to take for ever to get back on track again.

Still, thanks goes to Stu for the effort put in, podiums, and all drivers.

It looks like it was one of those nights, to be honest.

I was OK pace wise, nothing special, and was having some decent mid pack racing, but 2 smashes rendered the car undriveable or unsafe to drive in each race.

One of those things, forget about it and look forward to driving the Elans round here tomorrow.

C'est la vie.

There were 2 classes of racers there last night, in group one we had Eck & Knut in group two there were the rest of us.

Not much to say about race one, got a great start and slotted into P2 but going along the straight going into the hairpin i had Eck following close so knowing he was a good 2 or 3 seconds per lap quicker than me and my race was really with the guys behind Eck so i let him go after Knut. I then had a nice wee scrap holding onto 3rd.

Race 2 i was on for a good qual lap as i hit my best times in section one and two but screwed up the last bend and spun out into the pits so i started at the back of the grid.
The start i got was something else as it twitched right i held it and got more power down and got a good gear change and before i knew it i was up to 4th only to witness Dave get caught on the curb then loose it and waltz across the track taking the unlucky Thommo with him, so here i was from last to 2nd in the space of one corner.
Pretty soon i had Eck on my butt again so i let him go again, had a scary moment a lap or two later as i lost it under braking and found a wall, but i had a big gap to 4th so it was just a cruise round to grab 3rd place again.

Thnx all for some good racing.

@Roland Warmenhoven: sorry mate, PC just crashed so thats why I disconnected in the end there. But I will dig around a little on that graphics thing.....
LOL I figured as much, as you suddenly were gone, almost as in the middle of a sentence. You already gave me some leads to look into, so will try some changes.
Last nights races were again a couple of good ones; I still highly enjoy driving the Boss, though like David mentioned these races are like 20 min. workouts, I need a towel afterwards. Or maybe that's just because the springtime sun is heating up my little attic quite quickly, or its just a side-effect of age :D.

My pace at this track was OK although I just couldn't break through the 3:00 barrier, but my plan to try make a different setup especially for Qualy was.... well...let's say I've had better ideas in my life. MUCH better..:confused:
Started R1 from 7th, made up 4 places at the start but lost 3 again in L1. Had some good clean laps and some nice little fights and if I hadn't finally made a mistake in the very last corner of the very last lap I would've made 4th. Now I was 5th, which basically still equals 3rd place in group 2:p.

Q2 lap was much better, even got a lap in in under 3:00. Start was good again, but I threw it away in turn 4 of Lap 1 as I had to outbrake myself into a spin to avoid hitting Neil who came charging down (or up..?) the ranks like an alien.. Was last by then, chasing the pack, had a hard time getting past Ian until he let me :eek: - Please don't do me any favours mate, just make me earn it as you weren't any slower than me, let alone a lap behind or anything.-
Other people's problems then made me get as far up as 4th, closing in on a cruisin' Neil in the final laps but never got close.

Another fun race night thanks to all you guys; Grats to Eck and Knut who were depressingly quick:p , and Thanks to Stu for setting up the event. CYA next time!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back