1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Boost Mapping

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Patrick Giranthon, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Hi everybody.
    A question to Alex of someone else.

Installing xUI (to use online skins) allows us to set up more things in the game, like FFB force for instance (default is 53%).
    The car set up is the same with some blocked things but there is only one setting added : boost mapping.

Factory set up is on position 2. It can be set up from 1 to 9. Does this parameter have a real effect on the engine?
    I think that 9 is more violent for the motor and 1 more quiet... Perhaps it changes the boosting time too...

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I hope not, that would give players an advantage over others.

3. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

It could have been blocked easily, like other things.

4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

It's been noted.

5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

There is no actual effect in engine power from changing that setting. It is tied up to the push-to-pass functionality, but there is no variable boost effects in our version of the engine like there is in rFactor.

The setting is not available for adjustment - as you said, you had to change the original files to be able to adjust it. Some options are not available for a reason - even if the code is by and large the same, this is not rFactor. By all means expirement with rF files and mods if you wish, but dont hold us to answer for the results ;)

6. Bram

Bram

:thumb:

7. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

That meant with importing rF files and mods into GSC.

8. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

I only use xUI for playing with my own skin online.
    My goal is not to tweak the game.
    Thank you for the answer.

I precise that dynHUD is running on GSC and it is a good thing. Without this, we can't see the green and red lights of the start if we are in the back of the grid.

9. Bram

Bram

You can don't need to see the start lights as there is a sound signal as well for those at the back of the grid :)

10. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

Half the time real drivers can't see the start lights. Man up ;)

11. I've never heard that sound signal before, are you sure that's with the default GSC or is it an addon doing that for you?
    There is screen text in the bottom left corner of the screen that says "Green Flag" though.

12. Just put the LCD mode to timer and you will see when it starts to count, that's when the green light is.

13. Bram

Bram

Red lights give a low tone, green light is a high tone.

Or I must have cool countdown voices in my head :D

14. What Jeffrey said. :)
    Is a standard thing i always do. Even when i start at the front. Its becoming a habit. Hehe. :D

15. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

A small precision for xUI.
    There is an online garage.
    It allows to send your set up to everybody. Very useful...