booking...

it was too hard make normal online system?! I am sure, that no one person don't like wait minimum 3 minutes, or up to join server. I ask myself the question, why, why, they did so .... maybe I missed something ))

so apparently it was not hard to do. look at this link >> Freejoin for Assetto Corsa early access http://www.kegetys.fi/freejoin/

again, why, why, they did so ....

sorry for my bad english.

I think developers at this point are well aware that booking system doesn't work on public servers. Probably it's just not that easy to make a system that loads additional cars/clients seamlessly while the game is already playing, so we'll just have to wait until it's finished...

BTW if you think booking system is bad for public racing servers, then think about drifting servers... With booking system there's no point having them at all.

To test the netcode and to test the server utilization rates the servers have to be full, but with the booking system, much of the server always are empty or there are only a few people on.

Yeah It sucks alot. But I don't think anyone got what I meant with one of my previous comment. That the concept of it is not bad It's good for races that have been arranged, But yeah I agree its defiantly a burden on public racing at the moment.

Hi everyone
I am not sure if this is due to Booking problem or Game in Alpha stage limitations, but what is really annoying is that I Love this game and I take my Bookings very seriously. Once I am in the Search server in the public servers. It takes me 10 to 15 minutes to finally find a server that has 10 or 15 plus bookings and ready to race. ( usually I wait for Tatuusfa 1, Lotus 125 or any GT 3 races.. or any servers with over 10 racers. Its way more fun with more racers..) Finding these combination of races is a pain process by me just sitting there and pressing the refresh button in the public servers until I find a server that has enough racers to get me excited. What is worse is that once I do track down a server that has 10 to 20 Bookings or so and I book myself and I am ready to do the Whole Race and Commit to 15 minutes of practice and 15 minutes of qualifying, when the race begins 30 minutes later there is me and only 2 other players racing.
I spent all this time of practice, qualifying to Race against one other driver. This is frustrating and takes the fun away from the game. I just want to race and beat 15 to 20 racers... please..
is that too much to ask???

One question I have, why once you have booked your place on the server do you then need to click "join". Why can't it just load your client automatically once the booking period ends? Another thing, clicking join only works half the time. I keep getting server is busy messages or something when I click the join button. I have to click it like 6-7 times on occasion, then it does finally load me up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back