Bob's Track Builder v0.6.0.7

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
Header.gif

Last week version v0.6 was released, but a small patch was needed to fix some bugs.
Get the full 0.6.0.1 or patch here.

Note: You need to register at Bob's Track Builder's website to download the demo.

Known Issues:
  • No SObjects appearing in existing projects. You need to copy the XPack from the BobsTrackBuilder\XPacks folder to the project under the BobsTrackBuilder\MyProjects\[YOURPROJECT]XPacks\ folder. XPacks are not automatically updated in case a non-BTB created XPack breaks compatability.
  • Some Objects only appearring from certain angles in rFactor. The addition of Single-sided materials means an improvement in speed and reduced flickering on textures such as billboards. However, you will need to update your Materials for an existing project. Fistly copy any of the BTB-created XPacks into your project. Secondly, flag any further materials as double-sided where required.

Still getting an ArgumentOutOfRangeException when loading my new track with BTB 0.6.3 (created with 0.6.1).
I try to create a new one with 0.6.3, did 0.6.0 and 0.6.1 write corrupted projects!?

Update: After loading the track each view shows a red cross on white background. When I select an icon (e.g. "Move Node and Control Points") and drag around in the 3D view the track suddenly is rendered and also the other views appear. I can work with it but nevertheless the red cross appears again from time to time...

Thanks, ALX

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
Parametername: index
bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
bei BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.DrawPanel_TerrainArea(View& v, TerrainArea loTA, Boolean Solid)
bei BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.DrawPanel_2d(View v)
bei BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.DrawPanel(View& v)
bei BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.pnl_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have similar problem ever since first trial download of 0603 ,continuing with purchased 0606.
I also can "work with it" but red cross keeps popping up. My original workaround was to zoom in and out with mouse wheel. Since progressing my project and installing some non-default Xpacks, BTB has crashed big time on start up,not responsive to mouse wheel , would not load up my backups, only very simple trial tracks created while practising my skills.
Reinstalled /Updated DirectX,Net Framework,Graphics Drivers - no improvement.
By accident, found that when BTB crashes on startup ,if I right click BTB Tray icon then click Restore on dropdown menu I get windowed mode BTB which is again responsive to mouse wheel zoom ,and lo and behold there is my project again!!

COMMENT

Seems related to graphics load and zoom level, so much so that at present the project /"red cross" can be called up by zoom out and zoom in respectively.
Re graphics load ,my nerve is being tested the more work I do on my project wondering if the point will be reached where I can no longer find a workaround.

One more point -I love this track builder and have had enjoyment and despair in equal measure while making the real life track I have dreamed about recreating for many years.There is much more work for me to do and the files are gonna get more and more complicated - I just hope we can all keep having fun and that we all get there in the end.

cottonjap

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back