1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Racing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kyle Evers, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Anyone out there into boat racing? I don't follow any series of boat racing but I must say it's almost as good as road motorsports. Some of the boats they have out now are crazy and go faster than most production cars. There is a new turbine boat that does 210mph+!

I am hoping that sometime a good powerboat racing sim will come out because if it's done well it will be really exhilarating. I just hope that day comes sometime or another!

See why...

The turbine boat I mentioned in all of it's glory. Be amazed!

Edit: Just found this "Ferrari" boat, check it out for yourself. It's awesome :cool:.

These things are limitless. Not only are they beautiful and fast, but they are some of the best sounding motor-driven machines in the world
  2. Never fails that I always post the threads with the least activity.
  3. I like unlimited Hydroplane and Off shore! Had a friend w/ a Switzer 26 and 1,000 hp single engine power! scary ain't the word for it............97 mph
  4. Haha, not so much comfy but fun for sure :D. The Miss Geico boat is just awesome. I think if I had enough money for it, I'd buy it then buy a cheaper car.
  5. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

These look like quite good fun, V8 Jet boats in a foot of water :)

6. yeah I think thats an AUSSIE type sport. seen it a few years ago and it looked like fun!
  7. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Yep, I think they do it quite a bit in New Zealand
  8. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel
    Honk - Forum Games Moderator

what about this?

or this:

9. That first video is awesome. Put that kind of handling in a car and now see what kind of lap times we can get ;). And the second video is amazing too, that thing is extremely fast!
  10. Bel;ieve it or not, someone is trying to make a Powerboat mod for rFactor! Long time ago though, might have been axed :(
  11. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I think I've even seen a Powerboar broadcast at PSRTV, might be wrong though..

Is there actually some technology in rFactor to simulate water movements?
  12. Not really, but I've seen a video of the mod. I think it was axed though. However I have seen servers that have hosted it.