• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

BMW Z4 GT3 @ Nürburgring GP

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Setups' started by Akis, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Akis

Akis
    Over 9000 Premium

Ratings:
    +1,173
    I wanna beat the achievement "A taste of the Ring : Golden Glory"
    and I can't do it with my setup.
    I use 1/8 wings, a bit lower suspension and some lts of fuel off. My best time so far is 1.59.4 but I must get to low 1.58 or high 1.57 to get the gold achievement. That p4/5 is very hard to reach!!!

I'd be glad if you could share some setup ideas (or setups :D)!

• Like Like x 1
  2. SomethingGR

SomethingGR

Ratings:
    +0
    I Agree with akisk, the first car had a 4 second lead on me by lap 4 the second time i gave the challenge a try. I tried small things like a bit less fuel, some small toe changes and just damping rates but doesn't help much.

I also found out but i'm not really sure on this, that the default setup needs to be used with medium compound tires. I found the car to be much more stable and less twichy with them and i was actually faster. And playing with a logitech rumblepad 2 deffinetely doesn't help.

We need your help :)

3. Imm

Imm

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys try Imola setup posted on this forum. It helped me but I'm still nowhere near
    breaking 2:00 at the "Taste of the Ring". Good luck.

4. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert

Ratings:
    +691
    1:58:628 with soft tyres, four hours of testing

Notes: a balanced car without any quirks; you have to lift the loud-pedal slightly just before turn-in of the Schumacher-S

Edit: link removed due to virus infection on the host site

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Imm

Imm

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot man, this really helps.

6. vektro

vektro

Ratings:
    +0
    Done a 1:58.1 on medium tyres and 50l of fuel. Aero: 1/4 enables you to go flatout through the Schumacher-S. Rear springs on 65 and rear ARB to 4, this gives you a bit more control on the slow parts of the track. I go for 40/60 Diff settings. But that's a matter of taste.
    Most important: drive smoothly. Aggressive driving doesn't gain you anything on this track.

7. Martin Kushlewskyj

Martin Kushlewskyj

Ratings:
    +4
    WTF? it looks like a virus, why it's exe file and not ini?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  8. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert

Ratings:
    +691
    woa just checked and removed the link. I guess the file got infected on the hosting server. I won't upload files to 3rd party hosting providers anymore, that's for sure.
    Pls edit your post and remove the link, too @Bybukas.
    I'll upload the file to RSR then as I get an error message trying to use the forum function for that (any tips to make it work?).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  9. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,445
    You can click "upload a file" and attach the ini here as its compatible with the forum software.

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert

Ratings:
    +691
    Already tried exactly that numerous of times. I can't figure out what's wrong - disabled in firefox ghostery, enabled all scripts, cookies are allowed - just get a black overlay with "An error has occured".

mod-edit: seems to be a problem on your end as I could attach it with one click. All done :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  11. jerry090460

jerry090460

Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks

12. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +269
    Dude. thanks for this. Im pretty new to sim racing and I was having a hard time with the z4 at ngp. I didnt realize setups made such a difference. I need to learn the basics of car setups. Can you tell me what you changed in this setup. I downloaded your setup and did a quick lap to check out the car and I dropped a second off my current best time immediately. with some practice im sure i can get sub 2:00 ( i suck i know ). Are there any guides on setting up cars?

13. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert

Ratings:
    +691
    Hi @Jok3sta , yes car setups have a major influence on speed, drivability and reliability while driving.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  14. Iltarix Ilyar

Iltarix Ilyar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +25
    Thank you :)

15. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +269
    Thanks man. I'll check it out

16. Dux

Dux

Ratings:
    +602
    Anyone using soft tires?!?!

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  17. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +605
    [​IMG]

I´m no setup guru, but since you asked for it, here it is :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  18. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

Ratings:
    +348
    Cheers m8! ;)

19. Cerbero

Cerbero

Ratings:
    +5
    Thx m8!!! ;-)

20. Dux

Dux

Ratings:
    +602
    I don't know mate how you did it, i was recently going with my own setup which was not able to go below 1.59.9 anyhow, but if you did with yours (which i just tried) 1.56.7 then i must say you a hell of a smooth driver, because your setup is very very sensitive in the rear as there is no wing at all. However after 15min i am not yet able to go below 2.3 and in fact i am way slower with urs than i was able to go with mine...

[Edit] Actually when you switch to medium its not that bad :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 16, 2014