1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW Z4 GT3 @ Nürburgring GP

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Setups' started by Akis, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Akis

Akis
    Over 9000 Premium Member

I wanna beat the achievement "A taste of the Ring : Golden Glory"
    and I can't do it with my setup.
    I use 1/8 wings, a bit lower suspension and some lts of fuel off. My best time so far is 1.59.4 but I must get to low 1.58 or high 1.57 to get the gold achievement. That p4/5 is very hard to reach!!!

I'd be glad if you could share some setup ideas (or setups :D)!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I Agree with akisk, the first car had a 4 second lead on me by lap 4 the second time i gave the challenge a try. I tried small things like a bit less fuel, some small toe changes and just damping rates but doesn't help much.

I also found out but i'm not really sure on this, that the default setup needs to be used with medium compound tires. I found the car to be much more stable and less twichy with them and i was actually faster. And playing with a logitech rumblepad 2 deffinetely doesn't help.

We need your help :)

3. Imm

Imm

Guys try Imola setup posted on this forum. It helped me but I'm still nowhere near
    breaking 2:00 at the "Taste of the Ring". Good luck.

4. 1:58:628 with soft tyres, four hours of testing

Notes: a balanced car without any quirks; you have to lift the loud-pedal slightly just before turn-in of the Schumacher-S

Edit: link removed due to virus infection on the host site

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Imm

Imm

Thanks a lot man, this really helps.

6. Done a 1:58.1 on medium tyres and 50l of fuel. Aero: 1/4 enables you to go flatout through the Schumacher-S. Rear springs on 65 and rear ARB to 4, this gives you a bit more control on the slow parts of the track. I go for 40/60 Diff settings. But that's a matter of taste.
    Most important: drive smoothly. Aggressive driving doesn't gain you anything on this track.

7. WTF? it looks like a virus, why it's exe file and not ini?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  8. woa just checked and removed the link. I guess the file got infected on the hosting server. I won't upload files to 3rd party hosting providers anymore, that's for sure.
    Pls edit your post and remove the link, too @Bybukas.
    I'll upload the file to RSR then as I get an error message trying to use the forum function for that (any tips to make it work?).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

You can click "upload a file" and attach the ini here as its compatible with the forum software.

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. Already tried exactly that numerous of times. I can't figure out what's wrong - disabled in firefox ghostery, enabled all scripts, cookies are allowed - just get a black overlay with "An error has occured".

mod-edit: seems to be a problem on your end as I could attach it with one click. All done :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Thanks

12. Dude. thanks for this. Im pretty new to sim racing and I was having a hard time with the z4 at ngp. I didnt realize setups made such a difference. I need to learn the basics of car setups. Can you tell me what you changed in this setup. I downloaded your setup and did a quick lap to check out the car and I dropped a second off my current best time immediately. with some practice im sure i can get sub 2:00 ( i suck i know ). Are there any guides on setting up cars?

13. Hi @Jok3sta , yes car setups have a major influence on speed, drivability and reliability while driving.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  14. Iltarix Ilyar

Iltarix Ilyar
    Premium Member

Thank you :)

15. Thanks man. I'll check it out

16. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

Anyone using soft tires?!?!

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  17. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium Member

[​IMG]

I´m no setup guru, but since you asked for it, here it is :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  18. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

Cheers m8! ;)

19. Thx m8!!! ;-)

20. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

I don't know mate how you did it, i was recently going with my own setup which was not able to go below 1.59.9 anyhow, but if you did with yours (which i just tried) 1.56.7 then i must say you a hell of a smooth driver, because your setup is very very sensitive in the rear as there is no wing at all. However after 15min i am not yet able to go below 2.3 and in fact i am way slower with urs than i was able to go with mine...

[Edit] Actually when you switch to medium its not that bad :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 16, 2014