AC BMW M3 e30 DTM @ Silverstone - Thu 29 May (PDT)

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I was thinking there could have been a couple of things happening with that incident:

A) Keith simply thought that Saleem wasn't along side him, and tried to take a (much) tighter line into the second part of Arena.

B) Keith was thinking about going up the inside of Ryan, but wasn't close enough, and by that time, the move was made.

Thank goodness it's just a club race and we're here to have fun and learn :)
Because in a league race, I think you'd be facing a bit of punishment for that one! ahahah

Cheers guys, had a great time :)
Loving these US events, perfect time for me :)

I was thinking there could have been a couple of things happening with that incident:

A) Keith simply thought that Saleem wasn't along side him, and tried to take a (much) tighter line into the second part of Arena.

B) Keith was thinking about going up the inside of Ryan, but wasn't close enough, and by that time, the move was made.

Coz in a league race, I think you'd be facing a bit of punishment for that one! ahahah

I think these club events are a great feeder for the Leagues! We can learn how to drive around other people in a relaxed environment. Like I said before I wasn't mad, just shocked at how quick it happened. As usual I had an absolute blast!

I think these club events are a great feeder for the Leagues! We can learn how to drive around other people in a relaxed environment. Like I said before I wasn't mad, just shocked at how quick it happened. As usual I had an absolute blast!

You are allowed to report people in club events, but people really only do that when they are taking it very very seriously.

In this event's case, we were all there to have fun, and it wasn't a hugely populated server anyway, so as long as both party's are cool with it then it's all good :)

Besides, you only learn by making mistakes, better you make mistakes here than when the League system starts running in the very very distant future.

Sorry I didn't show up. I woke up yesterday not feeling so great and got worse over the course of the day. Looks like the flu right now, at least that's what my temp of 103 is telling me...:cry:
Feel better soon Joao, we missed ya in the race!
You are allowed to report people in club events, but people really only do that when they are taking it very very seriously.

In this event's case, we were all there to have fun, and it wasn't a hugely populated server anyway, so as long as both party's are cool with it then it's all good :)

Besides, you only learn by making mistakes, better you make mistakes here than when the League system starts running in the very very distant future.
Yeah everyone makes mistakes, we all know how many I personally tend to make haha:whistling:, unless it is deliberate I don't see a need for much punishment beyond a warning (at least in club races). Fortunately, I don't think any of us were taking this too seriously. Take out a massive pack at the beginning of a EU race and that may be another story;). Crashes and all it was a fun race, and really a good learning experience aswell.:thumbsup:

Because in a league race, I think you'd be facing a bit of punishment for that one! ahahah

I can tell you that 'A' is pretty much what I remember but it was a bit of both. I was used to taking a very tight line into the turn and because Saleem was a bit late getting off the line I didn't think he was that close behind (my mistake:)!) Ryan had been taking the turn a bit wide so I figured it would be open on the inside also even though I wasn't really planning to pass him, just keep my speed up for the run into the next straight. At any rate I should have looked left before I moved over so lesson learned!
You are right that this is good learning experience and really helpful for future races.

@Keith Griffall Do you have your FOV setup properly? You should be able to see both mirrors with triples.
Actually I'm not sure. It seems to depend on various cars. I have also had trouble with AC when getting out of a race to change anything. The video goes wonky and then stretches when I rejoin race. I have to get out again, change to single screen and then it goes back to proper resolution. then get out change back to triple and it works fine again.
I haven't really had time to look into it but it is a major pain. I think my FOV is set to around 30. Keep changing between games so it is a bit confusing. Tell me your settings and I will see if they work better. Seat position is very different car to car also. Still have set up work to do to get it just right.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.