1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blender problem / Python not installed.

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Andre_1th, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Blender seems to need also a prg. called Python.
    And even when you install Python, Blender will give you a message that Python is not installed.

Did some search and found simple solution:
    First of all, install Python not in some of your programm files, but follow as adviced, as it is
    suggest during installation : C: Python27

After installation goto: My computer, right click, properties, advanced, environment variables and add
    manualy NEW: the name and value:

Value: C:\Python27;C:\Python27\DLLs;C:\Python27\Lib;C:\Python27\Lib\lib-tk

When you use another Python version like 24 or whatever just change in above value all 27
    entries into 24.

Start Blender and hopla :ups:
  2. Strange this, the older versions did this, but since Blender 2.5 etc. there have been no hassles with Python.
    BTW, Python is the scripting base for Blender.
  3. Hi Paul, Can't reproduce it now because it's working fine but if I remember correct it was searching for some older version. Btw now I think Python can be installed anywhere :) Just for fun I unstall Python, and reproduce, give me 5.

So therefor I went to the Python site, nothing happenends, dl-ed manual the 27 version, installed and still same problem. "no installed python" found !

Now I installed Blender_python-2.7.msi again. In D:\Program Files\Python27\.
    After install is finished I start Blender. And again no Python found .

Now I add a new environment variable:
    Value: D:\Program Files\Python27;C:\Python27\DLLs;C:\Python27\Lib;C:\Py
    And again no Python found !

OK, then again the C approach:
    C:\Python27;C:\Python27\DLLs;C:\Python27\Lib;C:\Py thon27\Lib\lib-tk

lust je nog peultjes ? zjit prg :(
  4. Unbenannt.jpg Should I solve my similar "problem" to get blender to work right, for buiding simple models?