Black Friday Sale???

It’s the first time in my ”Iracing career“ (member since late 2013) that I think about not resubbing. :coffee: My sub runs out in february 2020…

I’m not really interested in the modern race cars and/or tin tops anymore. They never have been my favourites but I’m at a point where I’m really tired of them. If they’d bring more 80s GTP/GTO cars I’d be back in an instant but it seems that’s not where the money is. :cry:

Also another problem for me is time. Often I just can race at the weekends and I’m not dedicated enough to spend my precious free time preparing for a race or two. There are other games out there, you know?

Same here, Fabian, but the races I had the last couple of weeks were just sooooo cool. I only do my oldtime - goldtime series, e.g. skip barber and GT3, so i know about 90% of what's up and coming without much practice. Will definitely resub, but since last year only in one year blocks and it may die on me over summer ...

so, if i understand correctly to get the discount on a renewal you actually have to be active subscription now ?? so even though I paid to ' rent' more than 50% of there items because im not currently active i am not eligible for ANY discount??? if so. what an absolute joke :mad::poop:

@Fitness
To be fair against iRacing I guess your conclusion is wrong.;)
As I read it the socalled discount is the same for active/non-active(lapsed accounts?).
For active accounts: Enter the promo code, click apply and complete the checkout process. The discount will be calculated and show in your cart.
For lapsed accounts: Click the renew subscription button. Then select the membership length you want (12 or 24-month), click continue and apply the promo code when prompted. The 25% discount will be calculated and displayed in your cart. Finally, complete the checkout process.

Yeah the wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and guess what I got the year sub :) but one thing I did notice was/is the tax is added after you click pay, so instead of paying the price of $82.50 = £63.85 for one year you have to add in the tax which (if memory serves me) brings the price of one year to $99 = £76.62 which is £6.38 per month. Still good, especially as the wife gets me it :)
I just have to try to justify it as I'm usually quite a casual sim racer, which is to say that I race for a while then don't come back for a while and very rarely online, I've found in the past that I tend to just practice on the tracks in iracing (still a rookie) so now I'll have to give it some serious attention :laugh:
One thing I have noticed is the it looks great in VR, I have the rift s and it just looks amazing.

Last edited:
I guess you are talking about the VAT that iRacing does add.
If there is a reasonable logic behind this post buy added VAT then it could be that the VAT percentage is dependent of which country you live in.
Hehe but my own (slightly conspiracy) guess is that iRacings post VAT process is because the amount looks more swallowable without VAT. :roflmao:

iRacing just announced the schedule for next season and the week 13 schedule starting tomorrow. There, we find: "13th Week Porsche Cup Series (New Tire Model Test after new build has been released)" [italics added] Nice, the new tire model, which is good fun on the Skip Barber, will be deployed on the Cup Porsche, I will definitely give that a spin once the new build has been released, sounds yummie.
edit: plus, this car will be the launch car for AI in iRacing on seven tracks. deal!

Last edited:
When is the AI being added?

AI will probably added today.

Quoted from the forum:
Tomorrow you can begin beta testing iRacing AI against computer-controlled, highly adjustable drivers in two ways – in single races or in championship seasons. iRacing AI is still a work in progress; that is why we are beginning with an introductory soft launch open to all iRacing members featuring just the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car racing on 7 selected road courses. If all goes well we will soon be launching NASCAR cup cars in a soft launch as well on a number of oval and road tracks.

This is just the beginning of a number of exciting possibilities for iRacing AI. Currently, Members are able to create rosters of highly adjustable, customizable drivers who can be set to differing levels of skill, aggressiveness, age/reflexes, pitting ability, etc. You’ll be able to replicate the driving attributes of your real-life friends and rivals not to mention rosters of great drivers of the past or present.

I’m sure you’ve raced AI before on other games. Well, here is your first opportunity to race against what will be the most intelligent AI you’ve ever faced. They will also be the toughest once you begin to exceed your overall skill setting. You can also adjust each individual AI driver skill setting and the overall skill spread of the AI field you are racing against.

The last paragraph is a little too much imo, better keep it easy in the beginning. :coffee:

Edit:

Some more info

AI Races - Soft Launch

- AI Races are now available through the iRacing BETA Interface!
- - This soft launch of AI Races is designed to give you a taste of what we've been working on, and to help us with additional feedback!
- - Click on "Go Racing" and then "AI Races" to start competing against fully customizable racers with artificial intelligence!
- - Learn more about iRacing AI here: www.iracing.com/how-to-use-iracing-ai/

- AI Races includes a variety of functionality and customization for you to enjoy.
- - Jump right in, and run a Single AI Race against a Roster of AI Drivers.
- - Craft your very own AI Season of events, earn championship points, and try to claim the top spot of the podium.
- - Create a Roster of up to 60 AI Drivers to compete against; including custom paint jobs, adjustable driver personalities, customizable racing skills, and much more.
- - - Please note that using over 40 AI Drivers may have an impact on frame rates as well as cause some quirky AI Driver behavior.
- - Use randomly generated Rosters to get on track against AI Drivers quickly; you might even see some familiar names out on the track.
- - Use iRacing supplied Official AI Seasons, and coming soon: iRacing supplied Official AI Rosters!
- - Share your custom built AI Seasons and Rosters with other iRacers - see who is the master of the bots!
- - - Learn more about creating and editing Custom AI Rosters here: www.iracing.com/airoster
- - Adjust the challenge and difficulty of the AI Drivers to help you train and improve your racing.
- - - The default Driver Skill range is set to 25% - 50%. This should be a good place to start for an average driver.
- - - We recommend a Driver Skill spread (the difference between maximum and minimum) of about 30% for the best racing experience.

- AI Races are currently available using the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (991).

- AI Races are currently available on the following Track Configurations:
- - Barber Motorsports Park - Full Course
- - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - Grand Prix
- - Donington Park Racing Circuit - Grand Prix
- - Lime Rock Park - Classic
- - Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix
- - Road America - Full Course
- - Watkins Glen International - Cup

- Please keep in mind, this is a soft launch of this feature. We are very excited to get your feedback, and look forward to optimizing, updating, and adding much more to AI Races in the future.

Last edited:
Bummer, missed the Black Friday discount window. Are there any other discounts going on for renewal memberships? I haven't played in several years and didn't get much value out of it back then but would like to give it another shot - just not at full price.

Bummer, missed the Black Friday discount window. Are there any other discounts going on for renewal memberships? I haven't played in several years and didn't get much value out of it back then but would like to give it another shot - just not at full price.
In a similar boat. Used to be a long time sub though but not in some years. The new tyre model, NTM7, is really nice and finally behave over the limit similarly to other top sims.

Greeting!

I have been contemplating joining iracing for some time. I finally upgraded my PC that meets/exceeds requirements. I need a new rig as I am using a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and pedals.
Question:
How does the basic pricing work? Is it billed monthly or pay for x months at at once (i.e. pay one year or by the month)? Right now all memberships are 50% off.
Cheers!

That 50% off is a one time deal for first time members.

In is not an automatic re-occurring payment. So if you only pay for a month, you won't be a first time member at the end of that month.

The best deal is 2 years, assuming you still are playing it 2 years from now.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.