Black Friday sale coming... get saving!!!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Just read that S3 will be having a good Black Friday promotion on their facebook page on Friday.

Great chance to get some more content you might be missing :)

Copy & pasted the below from another site...

"Sector3 studios has also announced that Black Friday will be coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience (R3E).
Make sure to check out the virtual RaceRoom store this coming Friday, as Sector3 Studios has cooked up a very special and limited Black Friday deal. More info on this special deal will be available on their facebook and forum channels"

Enjoy :)

I can't even get the game to work anymore. Backend server problem. This is shite. I detest this always needing to be online rubbish. Come on S3.:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
I can't even get the game to work anymore. Backend server problem. This is shite. I detest this always needing to be online rubbish. Come on S3.:thumbsdown:

I was getting that last night, I logged in but forgot to connect the G13 so came back out of the game, then when I went to fire it up again I was getting 503's asking for password etc, I just went to C:\Users\Eyghon\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache cleared it and game was working again.

I was getting that last night, I logged in but forgot to connect the G13 so came back out of the game, then when I went to fire it up again I was getting 503's asking for password etc, I just went to C:\Users\Eyghon\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache cleared it and game was working again.
Cheers Craig, but I have already tried that. Didn't work for me. :thumbsdown: Still can't get it to work today. At this rate S3 will owe me money for taking away a service I have paid for.

I hate to say this.. But I think I will hold off on buying new content until there is an offline mode available. I REALLY like this game. Alot. But these recent events make me realize that Im paying for content that I cant use when and where I want. I was looking forward to trying out the New Audi TT cup cars and buying Spa and Paul Ricard. :cry: I guess its a good thing we have a bunch of other good sims we can play in the mean time. But it really sucks because Im sure the black friday sale will be good deals :(

I hate to say this.. But I think I will hold off on buying new content until there is an offline mode available.

@Jay Ekkel Please take notice.

I agree totally. I think it would be wise if everybody held off and stopped purchasing anything for RRE until we have an offline option. This is not on. Paying for content that we can't use when we feel like due to online technical problems. S3, we have paid for the product, allow us to use it.

Last edited:
With all the server problems of late I think you would have to be nuts to buy any content for this game right now. And I say that as a big fan and supporter of R3E. The always online requirement (and subsequent issues) could be the death of this game unfortunately.

With all the server problems of late I think you would have to be nuts to buy any content for this game right now. And I say that as a big fan and supporter of R3E. The always online requirement (and subsequent issues) could be the death of this game unfortunately.
Starting to think the same way :(
R3E is not the only nor the best "sim", while there is a need to get online to enjoy paid content, I do not buy any more additional content, be it promotion or not.
Yes this couldn't have came at a worse time, a chance for the game to attract new players and if they go to the forums what they find is multiple threads bemoaning the fact that we can't play. I really feel for the devs, a small team with not a lot of control over their destiny.

Rise of Flight, a sim with a payment structure that is almost identical to R3E, has a working offline mode: It remembers not just the login details of the user who have logged in on that PC but also the stuff that person owns, so you can fly offline. It should theoretically be possible for S3 to implement something similar (unless Raceroom are awfull people who don't like offline modes).

So guys help me out because I'm a bit lost. When I choose single player, either practice or race, I'm assuming that I'm practicing / racing the AI, so where does the always online requirement come into play? I got the same backend error over the weekend but I waited a bit before going back in and I was fine for the remainder of the weekend.

As far as content, I bought a few cars in the GTR3 class and was disappointed to find that 1. the cars have to be purchased individually, 2. most of the cars are identical to what's in the ADAC class and 3. when you buy a car, you have to choose a livery instead of having all of them offered with the car.

I too enjoy R3E and I own most of the content but I certainly can understand others who refuse to give RaceRoom a try. It's pretty silly that most of the cars in the GTR3 series are also in the ADAC series but if I want to race the cars together, I have to re-purchase those cars again....and you only get one livery with your purchase??? Not to rehash the RR business model but come on guys, that's taking nickel and dime'ing to another level.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back