Black Friday deal - up to 25 % off

See above. Pretty much everything in the store is currently 25 % off.

Don't forget that you can save further by first buying vRP packs at raceroomstore.com. So someone who doesn't own any R3E content can currently get the Premium Pack for 50 euro (7500 vRP) as opposed to the usual 65 euro (10000 vRP).

And as is always the case with R3E, if you do own some of the content already, you'll receive further discounts on anything that would include the content you already own (for example I can currently get the Premium Pack for around 33 euro and the Pro Pack for like 9 euro).

So be smart with your spendings ;) Offer ends on Monday.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I would edit the post but I guess due to your replies it's fine as it stands :)

So any recommendations from you two?
Other then "buy everything" :p

I have two friends that would like to use the sale to get into R3E, especially here at RD and while I already have enough content to take part in most races, they have just nothing and want to keep it as cheap as possible.

I have no idea what they should get then :speechless:

@Martin Fiala there is always a Nordschleife at some point :D
Just have a look at twitch ;)

Fair enough. I would edit the post but I guess due to your replies it's fine as it stands :)

I have two friends that would like to use the sale to get into R3E, especially here at RD and while I already have something usable, they have just nothing and want to keep it as cheap as possible.

I have no idea what they should get then :speechless:
get some vrps, buy starter pack- this way u have cheap entry to wtcc gt3, dtm, dtm92, nsu, gto and group5, popular series here, rest of vrps they can spend on tracks or liveries from other series (like different year of wtcc). If they like it a lot, they should consider pro or premium pack i guess :p

tell them to get 9,5€ or 16€ vrp packs and let the carnage begin

Forgot to add that while I wouldn't base my buying on that list, it's an interesting list nevertheless.

As for recommendations...that's a tricky one. Everyone's different. I'd say as for the tracks, buy the ones you like. For me, tracks like Nordschleife and Bathurst (and a few others) were very high on my list of tracks to get when I was adding the content to my R3E collection. Nordschleife was the very first track I bought, I believe. And then I started club racing here and just went with what was needed at the moment.

Then again, Starter pack gives you some nice tracks for a few bucks, and the American track pack is also pretty cheap with solid tracks.

As for the cars...well, it might be a good idea to get the Starter pack, really, as it gives you access to several car classes (except it gives you the Corvette for Group 5, which is just plain evil from the R3E folks :sneaky:). But obviously I'd recommend getting a GT3 car (because they're so popular for some reason), a 2016/2017 WTCC car, a 2015/2016 DTM, and throw a Group 5 (Capri?) and a DTM 92 (the BMW, possibly) on top as they're just awesome to drive. And then just once again go with what you like.

Those would be my recommendations to someone starting with R3E I guess.

Forgot to add that while I wouldn't base my buying on that list, it's an interesting list nevertheless.

As for recommendations...that's a tricky one. Everyone's different. I'd say as for the tracks, buy the ones you like. For me, tracks like Nordschleife and Bathurst (and a few others) were very high on my list of tracks to get when I was adding the content to my R3E collection. Nordschleife was the very first track I bought, I believe. And then I started club racing here and just went with what was needed at the moment.

Then again, Starter pack gives you some nice tracks for a few bucks, and the American track pack is also pretty cheap with solid tracks.

As for the cars...well, it might be a good idea to get the Starter pack, really, as it gives you access to several car classes (except it gives you the Corvette for Group 5, which is just plain evil from the R3E folks :sneaky:). But obviously I'd recommend getting a GT3 car (because they're so popular for some reason), a 2016/2017 WTCC car, a 2015/2016 DTM, and throw a Group 5 (Capri?) and a DTM 92 (the BMW, possibly) on top as they're just awesome to drive. And then just once again go with what you like.

Those would be my recommendations to someone starting with R3E I guess.
That's pretty much what I wrote, isn't it? :roflmao:
I know it's a misery anyway, and I didn't want to say that this list will repeat like it stands over and over again. It was simply to note down what's at least not wrong to get :)

In the end a few things stand out but everything that's used 1-3x really is just kind of at the same level. Tracks are definitely more crucial than cars!
And of course no one should buy things he doesn't like and instead buy the things he does like and wait for an event to happen with it :)

• Deleted member 387850

Well I'm a happy shopper! I just got the Premium pack for £27.99 as I already had the Starter pack and a couple of tracks. That left me needing 4988VRP so was able to buy the 5000VRP bundle. I think all in all I've spent £36 to get all the content so I'm very happy with that.

Well I'm a happy shopper! I just got the Premium pack for £27.99 as I already had the Starter pack and a couple of tracks. That left me needing 4988VRP so was able to buy the 5000VRP bundle. I think all in all I've spent £36 to get all the content so I'm very happy with that.
Premium is 5300 vrp away with 237 vrp left on my wallet!
I'm just not sure what to do with the new cars that are about to come... :cautious:

But yeah, wouldn't take that list as a buying guide either. I mean Hockenheim's fine and all, but still...
The list is definitely biased there. Hockenheim was used twice in quick succession recently by mistake. :D

Buy everyth... oh. Well then, the others have said it perfectly. As the name implies, the starter pack is a good option. For the price you get a great selection of cars which are commonly used in the club, and can then buy tracks as and when you need them.

It's worth pointing out though that in buying content piecemeal you are setting yourself up for a higher overall cost over time. If you really like the sim then it may be worth going a bit skint and buying the lot in one go to save yourself some cash in the long run. It works out cheaper than AC plus it's expansions.

I bought 1100 VRP for £7.99 via raceroomstore.com and purchased the Starter Pack (minus three tracks I already owned) for just over £5. Although RaceRoom's pricing policy is needlessly complicated, this was good value for ten cars and two tracks. (A nice bonus is the ability to drive a car against other, unowned, cars in the same class.)

That being said, I wonder how many potential customers Sector3 has lost over the years because of its piecemeal sales structure? Anyway, I hope the Black Friday sale goes well for all involved. Such a good sim deserves to be successful.

Now my only problem is to choose where to spend my remaining VRPs. Group 5 perhaps? :cool:

I bought 1100 VRP for £7.99 via raceroomstore.com and purchased the Starter Pack (minus three tracks I already owned) for just over £5. Although RaceRoom's pricing policy is needlessly complicated, this was good value for ten cars and two tracks. (A nice bonus is the ability to drive a car against other, unowned, cars in the same class.)

That being said, I wonder how many potential customers Sector3 has lost over the years because of its piecemeal sales structure? Anyway, I hope the Black Friday sale goes well for all involved. Such a good sim deserves to be successful.

Now my only problem is to choose where to spend my remaining VRPs. Group 5 perhaps? :cool:
Nice, and I agree!

For the rest of the vRPs: I'd wait for the upcoming gt3, rumours say a Porsche is on the way :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back