F1 2017 Bizarre DRS activation problem

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi.

I have weird problem with DRS. Every time I press a button on my G25 to activate DRS it presses twice, so it closes again. I tried assigning the letter D to activate DRS and if I use the keyboard it works fine, but if I use Joy2Key to press letter D via the controller I get the double press again.

I thought maybe the controller was faulty so tried with an SLI-M wired to some buttons and get the same result. This problem is unique to F12017. I have no issues with the same controllers in other games.

Please help - I can't compete in quali without DRS!!

Similar problem here. DRS is not staying open no matter what. Even with keyboard. I tried assigning a new button on my DFGT and on the keyboard, to no avail. I also checked there were no conflicts both on keyboard and with the wheel, and there are not. I´m quite out of ideas as how to solve this.

I had a DRS closing problem before also, but it may be a bit different case to yours.

In my case, my DRS kept closing because my brake pedal was giving small inputs even when released, causing it to close right after opening. Some cleaning of the pedals fixed it.

might be worth checking

Thanks, I´ve tried that, but still happens. I think the problem comes from my pedals... In the ingame calibration I see little input spikes from both accelerator and break pedals, though I´m not touching them. I´ve been able to partially correct the problem by increasing the break pedal dead zone, but I´m still puzzled at why those little spikes are there.

Thanks for the replies guys. I adjusted brake deadzone (2%) and problem's gone away. Oddly, no spiking can be seen and no problems in other sims. Maybe F12017 is more sensitive at lower end of braking? Dunno. What I do know is the problem's sorted. Thanks to the community.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back