Best Track/Car combo ever??

Everyone has to try the Formula Classic (1988) car around Suzuka (Kansai ingame), I've been driving this with all assists off and using the H-pattern gear shift and it is amazing!!!
I crank the AI up as high as I can handle and have some awesome clean racing, even better using the Formula One skin pack.

Everyone must try this!!! Also what are your favourite track/car combos????

Yeah man that combo is money! Not sure it gets any better but you can take that same car around Österreichring or in game it's "Spielberg Historic 1974 GP". Epic!
I personally think the V12 is the best car. Maybe give that one a whirl around Patrick's Barcelona 2003 layout. That combo brings me peace. haha

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

The F-Classic is the best car and it works great at Suzuka, Osterreichring, Kyalami, Silverstone (1980's), Montréal modern and classic, and Salvador.

Still have a lot to try but favorites so far by far...

'69 Vintage and Ultima GTR 720 Road at '74 Imola
Retro at Oulton Park Classic

Distant seconds...

Superlight Std at Le Mas du Clos
MCR2000 at Autopolis ;)
Anything fast at Magny-Cours, Jacarepagua Historic, Historic Interlagos, Spielberg Historic or '74 Imola
Anything at Machwerk, Eastern Creek and Londrina
Boxer Cup and F3 anywhere technical

Still have a lot to try but favorites so far by far...

'69 Vintage and Ultima GTR 720 Road at '74 Imola
Retro at Oulton Park Classic

Distant seconds...

Superlight Std at Le Mas du Clos
MCR2000 at Autopolis ;)
Anything fast at Magny-Cours, Jacarepagua Historic, Historic Interlagos, Spielberg Historic or '74 Imola
Anything at Machwerk, Eastern Creek and Londrina
Boxer Cup and F3 anywhere technical

Yeah between Rfactor2, RaceRoom, AC and Iracing I have literally just scraped the surface on AMS, I have only tried a fraction of the tracks, mainly the popular ones I already knew, until I get some time to learn some new ones, I do love the Corvette around Interlagos also

Everyone has to try the Formula Classic (1988) car around Suzuka (Kansai ingame), I've been driving this with all assists off and using the H-pattern gear shift and it is amazing!!!
I crank the AI up as high as I can handle and have some awesome clean racing, even better using the Formula One skin pack.

Everyone must try this!!! Also what are your favourite track/car combos????
What you running for aero with this combo?

I find that Formula V12 around Suzuka is my favourite combo. The V12 is a much twitchier, much more perilous vehicle than the Classic and combined with the speed and technical qualities of some sections of Suzuka its quite a zen thing when you get it right. Basically you haven't learned to brake properly until you can confidently threshold brake the V12 into the chicane, especially the historic chicane that's way more blind than the newer one. Throttle control on the V12 is also dicey so coming over the hump at the end of the esses is where heroes can be made on heavy tire wear.

All in all my favourite track combined with my favourite car.

• Deleted member 130869

@dave kirk, that helped a lot. Thanks! My preemptive loosening of the default setup before even testing it was causing me to lose the back end in some of the mid to higher speed turns. Perfect now with default setup. Silly me. Thanks again :)

Wait until pre-2002 Hockenheim. In GSC2013/Stock Car Extreme there was a conversion of an almost ok version of the circuit, and it was a wild ride. You could use an unreasonable 1-3 wings to exploit the speed it reaches for the absolute fastest laptimes, but being able to pull it off consistently was the thrill.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.