1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Best tire temperature ??

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Onno Naber, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hello guys
    I have a question:what is the best tire temperature for a racing tire in I racing (any car), to give the best grip,is there a "'magic "'number :confused:.

2. Between 85 and 90 degrees most of the time. Can be higher with F1 cars etc. :)

3. @ Ivo :thanks:

4. Those temps seem low to me, not that I am not a pro or anything. Is that C or F, I'm guessing C. Here is what the tuning guide for the skip says."
    The peak temperature range for actual BF Goodrich radial tires likes those on the Skippy is 160 – 230° F (70 – 110° C)."​

5. Danny Asbury

Danny Asbury
    Premium Member

I think Ivo is mainly talking about GT and touring cars.

6. Mainly yeah. But with most open wheelers like the Skip the optimal C is always abit higher then a for example a Touring car. :)

7. If they ain't smoking, you ain't using em!

8. LOL

9. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

If my tires are smoking, it means the rest of the car is on fire and I'm hurtling over the barrier!

10. I find just around 190f is fine in most iRacing cars. I don't think the current tyre model is affected as much as it should be by temps.