Best Pure settings for tracks by Fat Alfie?

At first I thought it was a problem with Pure and its ppfilter but then I realized that Nords and other tracks look great and it's only with some of my favorite tracks that the environment looks washed out. I believe Pure lets you define custom adjustments for individual tracks, so I wonder what are the best settings to correct all the issues with these specific tracks. The main problem is that they lack a lot of contrast, but there are some items on the track that look very dark, almost black, which makes the whole even less realistic. Reducing the gamma or increasing the constrast in the ppfilter improves the look of these tracks a lot, but the interior of the car gets too dark.

I had the same problem but with other tracks. The fix for me was to go back to SOL, as odd as that may sound to fans/subscribers of PURE.

I know PURE is the newer, supposedly more advanced solution. But, in my experience, SOL is still visibly superior and vastly more consistent, whatever track.

I drop a prefered 3rd party PPfilter for SOL on it (Horizon Shades or Natural Mod, for example) and don't even have to change anything to have really good contrast/gamma, and it's in-game same as showcased/advertised by who makes them, on any track.
Whereas With PURE, using any PPfilters (and I think I tried most, if not all) none of them looks anything like the screenshots the mod makers advertise them, and results as inconsistent.

One could say "but you can edit everything". The thing is, I open the PURE settings and it looks like I need a degree and weeks around it, just to make it look anything as good as I already had with SOL without any real effort or issues.

Even the issue with crazy speculars of grass is fixable with SOL (here). Got back to it out of desperation and really happy I did, it's a keeper.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea