Best Engine Sounds Ever: BMW 320i E46

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
After me and Tom Endres sending eachother YouTube clips of epic engine sounds for months we thought why not share them with all of our readers here at RD. Some things are just to good to keep to yourself and need to be shared.

In this first episide of "Best Engine Sounds Ever" the mighty six cylinder BMW 320i E46. Used in many touring car series for the last decade such as the WTCC, BTCC and other domestic series the car today still produces a fantastic howl, especially on the race track or when you own Andy Priaulx' old championship winning car you take it for a spin on some mountain roads. Enjoy!

You can leave your rating of this engine sound in the comments below. 1/10 or 10/10 or something in between? :)

[youtube]

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

This would be my top pick of all time.
Some other cars sound more fine-tuned or nice to listen to but i have never heard a sound this brutal ever.

You even have a comparison with an FXX in it to really compare them :)
The scream is just incredible imo.

Onboard at 4:10 listen to when he just floors it :)

What about the cosworth in the mondeos? Or the lovely sound, the BANG, then soundo, of the engine in wrathalls toyota, better than the swindon one in the other 2 avensises

First one i give a 7/10 and the 2nd one a 6/10 just because i need to leave some room as i think there some engines out there with a better sound. This could be personal preference but im more with the screaming V10's and V12's one of the uber engines is the F1 Ferrari V12 used early 90s Another engine i pretty much like is this one.:D

I notice a lot of you have picked the higher pitched performance sounds. I cant get enough of low throaty american muscle sounds :) If only someone would mod this car for me. There's money in it................

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back