Bernie's comments

Did anybody listen to Ecclestone's latest comments on the F1 season finale and Lewis' silence?
He is really starting to show his true colors on his hatred of Lewis.
I've never liked anything about Bernie.
He is greedy and opportunistic.
Glad he got ousted when he did.

People like Bernie never really go away.
Despite being ousted as F1' supremo, he likely still has influence with many at the top of this sport.
That is the reality in these kind of situations.
He put F1 into a television limelight and is still extremely wealthy.
Wealth brings lots and lots of influence.
The part that irks me the most....even Michael sitting for a television interview, stated the records are there to be broken.
Bernie's reasoning that "one day if we lose Michael" he'd want him to be undisputed, is nonsense.
Not saying it was Bernie but Masi was clearly speaking to somebody else who influenced the decision to go from no cars passing to five cars passing.

Reactions: jgf
But why does he have to go away?
Ah!....because of opinions like the one he gave in that video.
If he still has access, he can influence the people who still look up to him.
If those people are in positions of power, that gets transferred and translated to less than stellar decision making.
I don't care if he sits at home on his couch spewing nonsense.
I just don't want him with a direct line to F1.
That is why he needs to go away.

Not saying it was Bernie but Masi was clearly speaking to somebody else who influenced the decision to go from no cars passing to five cars passing.
I don't think it was Bernie, but 100% there was someone that called in an order for Masi to clear the cars between the title holders... there were only 3 other cars and the cars were released going into turn 9, about half a laps from the end so there was plenty of time for the other 3 to be released at the same time.

Bernie did a lot of good for the sport including for safety and commercially for the sport, so he earned his fortune and some of the extra air-time that he continues to get... also I think he might he perpetuated a villainous character for himself, lots of people dislike Bernie but I think it is somehow in his interest...

I think he is a very very clever guy, and over many years I've seen outrage from quotes of parts of something he said.. he often makes multiple-point statement that includes something obvious, something he is trying to sneak through, and something inflamatory that winds people up. People get angry because they care about the sport and that is in his interest..

It's like one time there was outrage about his comment women and handbags, which was just a just another one of his little burning match comment included into or added to a longer response.

I wouldn't take too much notice of Bernie saying he doesn't want Schumi's record to be broken, if Lewis has a cracker season and wins another in good style I think he will be happy. He might still want to add some other remark to burr people up.

I have read the book "No Aingel" about Bernie. You can say what you like but he and Max Mosley braught the sport a long way in the form of saftey and media. But he is not racist he tried to get Willy T Ribs a African American driver in the Brabham. He was good enough but the team where sponsored by "Ovileti" a italian type writer company so wanted a italian to push the brand. It may have been racist on behalf of the team but we don't know. I dont like Lewis but if i say it i am called a racist, But its nothing to do with culture. I don't like how he manipulates his team to pit when his tires are bad and how he thinks he can manipulate rules. The team do it to. Sometimes you have to play the game and take the penalty or whatever and mouve on. Yes Lewis will get penalty's thrown at him but you cant argue it.

I have read the book "No Aingel" about Bernie. You can say what you like but he and Max Mosley braught the sport a long way in the form of saftey and media. But he is not racist he tried to get Willy T Ribs a African American driver in the Brabham. He was good enough but the team where sponsored by "Ovileti" a italian type writer company so wanted a italian to push the brand. It may have been racist on behalf of the team but we don't know. I dont like Lewis but if i say it i am called a racist, But its nothing to do with culture. I don't like how he manipulates his team to pit when his tires are bad and how he thinks he can manipulate rules. The team do it to. Sometimes you have to play the game and take the penalty or whatever and mouve on. Yes Lewis will get penalty's thrown at him but you cant argue it.
Nobody called or implied Bernie was racist.
I certainly don't know that, since I have never met or interacted with him.
Showing his true colors toward hatred of lewis for being on par with Michael's dominance.
Where did you get anything about racism from that statement?

Nobody called or implied Bernie was racist.
I certainly don't know that, since I have never met or interacted with him.
Showing his true colors toward hatred of lewis for being on par with Michael's dominance.
Where did you get anything about racism from that statement?
Personaly i dont like Lewis becuse he and the team like to manipulate the sport. But when i have said i don't like him i am called a racist. My dislike has nothing to do with his culture. I love my nephew with all my heart and hes half arab. I have many ethnic freinds as i live in a verry diverce city. I think Lewis should drive the car and leave politics to the FIA. As a competitor its not his place to manipulate rules. If he spent 2021 focusing on his job and less on arguing with the FIA he would be champion. Hes just puting to mutch on his plate, and throwing it all up for desert.

Bernie is F1.
But BE does not like LH at all. The spat started during the BLM stuff that LH was doing during the races.
Now, the squabble has unfortunately got rather childish; as long as I'm not forced to hear about it at races, don't care.

Personaly i dont like Lewis because he and the team like to manipulate the sport. But when i have said i don't like him i am called a racist. My dislike has nothing to do with his culture. I love my nephew with all my heart and hes half arab. I have many ethnic freinds as i live in a verry diverce city. I think Lewis should drive the car and leave politics to the FIA. As a competitor its not his place to manipulate rules. If he spent 2021 focusing on his job and less on arguing with the FIA he would be champion. Hes just puting to mutch on his plate, and throwing it all up for desert.
Can you give some specific examples of that manipulation?
I am curious to see what they are.

Last edited:
Here we go....again.
People cannot seem to help themselves.
This time it is Nelson Piquet sr. supposedly calling Lewis 'neguinho' during an interview about the Silverstone racing incident.
People just seem to be behaving as badly as they can these days.
Rather disappointing from a guy I viewed as talented in his time in F1.
Very, very disappointing.

Ok he deserves the flak he's getting but come on, it's Nelson Piquet, he's been calling people names throughout his whole life.
Why does he deserve the flak?
Is he any different than any of the other WDC in maximizing the car's potential while gaining those seven championships.
As to Piquet sr....
Why is it acceptable to call people names "throughout his whole life"?

Last edited:
My only point is: Nelson Piquet is well known for his trashtalking. This time he crossed the line with the "n" word. He gets flak on the internet, he deserves it. But using this incident as a sign of the times, proof of structural racism and what not is BS. It's just Piquet being Piquet.

Here we go....again.
People cannot seem to help themselves.
This time it is Nelson Piquet sr. supposedly calling Lewis 'neguinho' during an interview about the Silverstone racing incident.
People just seem to be behaving as badly as they can these days.
Rather disappointing from a guy I viewed as talented in his time in F1.
Very, very disappointing.
I agree with LesunTzu...Nelson is a bit of a rough one. Don't worry there are many worse things happening today right now.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.