Bernie Ecclestone

A disgraceful cowardly attack on an 80 year old man by worthless street neds is what happened,doesnt really matter if its the boss of F1 or a retired street sweeper,its very very WRONG!....one thing that did spring to my mind was the lack of any form of security,i assumed a chap like Wee Bernie would be flanked by a Lennox Lewis looky-likey on his left,and a David Haye looky-likey on his right,and a couple of ex S.A.S. just hanging back a bit observing....

I couldn't care about Bernie, he's tried his very hardest to ruin motor racing over the years. Got what was coming to him in my opinion.

Nobody deserves treatment like that. I don't agree with eveything he has done in F1 but he has far from ruined it. In my opnion thats a pretty poor outlook on life James.

The only one to blame here is Mr. Ecclestone himself. Since when does a billionaire goes walking around anywhere without his security detail. I don't know the man, but that happens for being cheap.

Why shouldn't anyone be free to walk the streets wearing as much jewelry as they liked? this story is more about the police force in the UK holding up the white flag to inner city criminals and allowing out cities to become lawless places where the good honest hard working people of this country are not safe to walk the streets.

Why shouldn't anyone be free to walk the streets wearing as much jewelry as they liked? this story is more about the police force in the UK holding up the white flag to inner city criminals and allowing out cities to become lawless places where the good honest hard working people of this country are not safe to walk the streets.

In Evry single contry the white flag have allways been waved for criminals to make a crime but be found after the crime. So I think Mr.Ecclestone should have had his body guards with him. But remember this comment is done after this incident so if it was before I wouldn't pay so much attention to this. With other words it's better to learn from your mistakes and not make the same mistake from now on.

I am not gonna give any comments on Mr.Ecclestone history with F1 but I will just say that people like this who hit old men make me sick. I hope this people will get to prisone for a life time. (I know it won't happen but thats what I would have suggested if I was a lawyer)

While I certainly don't condone violence such as this in any form or fashion, no matter who the victim, I wonder if he would now like to re-phrase the following, said regarding the Button incident in Brazil:

"They look for victims, they look for anyone that looks like a soft touch and not too bright," Ecclestone had said of the Brazil incident.
"The people that look a bit soft and simple, they will always have a go at."

I couldn't care about Bernie, he's tried his very hardest to ruin motor racing over the years. Got what was coming to him in my opinion.

We can all have our opinions on how he runs Formula1.. Bad or good, that doesn't give those idiots the right to mug an 80 year old man like that. Didn't expect such a reaction from you tbh.

The season may be just three races old, but it’s already been one of the busiest ever in terms of press coverage. Not only is the thrilling on-track action providing huge headlines, there have also been several off-track stories to keep the media on their toes. Speaking exclusively to Formula1.com, Formula One Group CEO Bernie Ecclestone tackles recent reports of a bid to buy F1’s commercial rights, discusses the future engine downsizing, and gives an insight into the prospects of the Bahrain and Turkey races…

Q: When rumours broke that Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp is interested in buying the commercial rights to Formula One from CVC it was met with quite some surprise that somebody your age could be the future of F1…
Bernie Ecclestone:
Well, he wouldn’t do it. He’s got a lot of staff. And it would be his son James who would be leading the charge, not Rupert.

Q: Having one person lead the sport has been a successful model for Formula One racing. Would James Murdoch be a suitable candidate to lead this one-man show?
BE:
No. Firstly these people will have to prove what they want to do. I would want to buy lots of things and I don’t have the money, so we will have to wait and see.

Q: There are many rumours out there and people would like to hear some answers…
BE:
Well, CVC has given the answer. They are the major shareholders and they do not want to sell. That is 100 percent for sure

Q: So was it all a rumour?
BE:
No. Somebody might say that they want to do it, but it doesn’t mean that when somebody wants to buy something the owner wants to sell. And CVC made it very clear that they don’t want to sell.

Q: Does that mean that Formula One will go on as it is?
BE:
Yes, because if people don’t want to sell, others have to accept that fact. It’s as simple as that.

Read The Full Story HERE

Strange huh. Bernie is getting at an age that it's actually very dangerous to have only him in charge of the organisation. What will happen if he all of a sudden is not here anymore?

I have never understood why the FIA is not running everything themselves. Does somebody know when Bernie more or less took over the commercial stuff?

Ecclestone is a complete Moron, I would like to hear what News Corp would bring to F1, maybe they would bring back proper racing instead of the brainless ideas bandied around by this Senile idiot like spraying water on the track etc etc

As far as Ecclestone is concerned F1 & Ferrari are one, maybe News Corp would be more impartial.

Ecclestone is a complete Moron, I would like to hear what News Corp would bring to F1, maybe they would bring back proper racing instead of the brainless ideas bandied around by this Senile idiot like spraying water on the track etc etc

As far as Ecclestone is concerned F1 & Ferrari are one, maybe News Corp would be more impartial.

I'm not sure in what capacity, but a member of the News Corp is part of the Ferrari group at present. So maybe they wouldn't be!

CVC say they do not wish to sell. However if it was my business i'd be saying the same thing as the amount of 0s on the cheque will increase the "less interested" they act about selling.

This is the way Bernie wants new fans, he included girls! :)

f1-new-link.png

Just to buy :rolleyes:

This old man is really getting on my nerves now, just read his stupid statement.

Europe is the heart of F1 still... what is he on about?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernie Ecclestone believes that Europe is no longer the home of Formula 1, and forecasts the number of races taking place on the continent are likely to be reduced dramatically.

At present, nine races took place in Europe in 2011, but that will be reduced to eight in 2012 with the loss of Turkey (which is actually located on the Asian side of the country).

Ecclestone sees that number dropping to just five in the not too distant future.
"I think in the next few years, Europe will be left with only five races," Ecclestone is quoted as saying by Marca.
"I think Europe is finished. It will be a good place for tourism but little else. Europe is a thing of the past."

Despite all 12 F1 teams being based in Europe (two thirds of them in Britain), the 81-year-old doesn't believe Europe is the spiritual home of F1 any longer.

source
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion, Europe is not a thing of the past Mr Bernie, it's still very much there still with Great Tracks, it'#s just a shame F1 won't update them and use them, so much potential in europe still to be had.

:eek: What the...?
Europe IS a home for F1, ok, new tracks are good because they are built with the newest standards, but... The most interesting races are always on circuits with a long history, just like Silverstone or Monza.
F1 is going more and more boring :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back