F1 2010 Being "Attacked" By Cars on Outlap?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Since the patch whereby cars on outlaps now yield, I've noticed that once they've yielded to let me go, they then start going fast again, pretty much racing me and occasionally forcing me off at corners. Then, once they have overtaken me, they yield the place back again. I'm finding this increasingly annoying and I'm often having to give up on laps due this ridicule.

And on a sidenote, why do cars go on several "outlaps" at once? I know that the times we see posted aren't actually those of the cars going round the track, but surely they should do no more than one outlap? In-fact, I don't recall any cars actually going for a hotlap - every car I see just yields (then attacks). For a laugh just now in Hungary practise, I joined a train of cars and we spent 10 laps just going round the track at a snake pace with no-one pitting. What on earth?

Would also be nice to see cars backing off, looking for space, etc, before starting their lap.

Just a suggestion, you have the information as to how many cars are on track when you are in the garage - pick a moment where the number of other cars is low, or just hold back and create yourself a gap. Just like the real thing...!?

Just a suggestion, you have the information as to how many cars are on track when you are in the garage - pick a moment where the number of other cars is low, or just hold back and create yourself a gap. Just like the real thing...!?

No need for the patronising post. Of course I thought of that, but in a 20 minute or less session, there are almost no gaps when there are no cars on track. And I ALWAYS find a gap for my lap, but with all other cars on the track slithering round on outlaps, it's inevitable that eventually I will catch them up.

People can try to play like the "real thing" as much as they like, but with the AI acting far from reality, it's impossible for a realistic qualifying or practice session.

Dont think the post was patronising at all, he has merely stated something that is common sense. I havent had the AI running me off the road after yielding but making a gap normally does work, its up to you to make a large enough gap so you dont get caught up in cars.

In addition I reckon a driver tracker such as the one used by the BBC would be a nice little feature to help with such problems.

Dont think the post was patronising at all, he has merely stated something that is common sense. I havent had the AI running me off the road after yielding but making a gap normally does work, its up to you to make a large enough gap so you dont get caught up in cars.

In addition I reckon a driver tracker such as the one used by the BBC would be a nice little feature to help with such problems.

Not a patronising post at all. Its sensible.
Pick a time when there's less cars on the track. I very rarely get problems with qualifying because I pick my slots well.

Right, so using a "...!?" isn't being patronising?

Did you not read my above post? I always look for a gap in the traffic. When there's 24 cars going round the track on outlaps however, sooner or later I will get caught up in traffic.

And anyway, that's not the point. The point I was trying to make is that it's broken. Not how to make best do with it - I'm perfectly capable of working that myself thanks.

I've personally not had any problems qualifying (on the PS3). If I'm driving a slower car (e.g. Lotus, Virgin, HRT) I tend to go out early ahead of the other cars and clock in a few laps when the track is empty. Once lap times start to drop as the track temperature is optimum, I go out for another few laps. Before I start my flying lap, I try to slow down / speed up to position myself with a reasonable gap ahead of me. If on the few occasions I find myself in your shoes (always encountering traffic), I tend to start my hotlap behind a much faster car like the bulls or Ferraris or McLarens (I'll wait for a Ferrari to pass me about to start his flying lap). More often than not, they will always pull away in front of you and you won't get stuck in traffic.

I believe this is what they do in real as well. I try not to get frustrated if someone screws me on my flying lap (like it happens in real). I just take my revenge on race day lol! If only I could "point the finger" or "raise my fists" on the slowing down lap at other cars!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back