1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Beginner Questions

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Steppenwolf, Apr 16, 2009.

1. I have three questions, maybe someone can help me with them:

1. Where can i find a tutorial for creating a working starting grid, Pitlanes etc.? Thers a link to a forum in the FAQ but this forum is down :/

2. What are good mipmap settings for custom textures in rfactor?

3. Where can i find the models for starting lights and the lights at the end of the box?

2. re #1 you can join two tracks together (one track being the pits) as per this video [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnij36fq8Uw[/ame] - I haven't done much more than what is desrcribed in it so hopefully someone else will be along shortly with more info ;-)

re #3 it's scheduled to be included in version 0.7 of BTB - see http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/news.aspx (3rd item). - ETA end April, can't wait!

re #2 - I dunno

3. Thanks for your quick answer. My question about pit and starting grid is more about the technical part tho that involves AI, multiple players etc. I would like to make my track fully functional before i start to polish it visualy.

4. I have a track building tutorial help file by Uzzi which I would upload here, but it is an invalid file type for a post.

Maybe the BTB upload section could have an area to upload documents. Eninisfargis'/Eric's texture making/import guide would be a good one to put there as well.

5. Could you upload those files to megaupload, rapidshare or a similar service? Would be much appreciated.

6. I did a guide to doing the AI on our old RSC forum, I can see about uploading a copy here if you like :)

7. I have just uploaded my Tutorial.
    Still waiting to be approved.
    Cheers

8. I have downloaded this file. Unfortunately none of the links inside the file work. Seems like some pages that belong to it are missing. I get this error:

I'm thankfull for every tutorial btw. Keep them coming.

9. Sorry about that - not sure why it didn't work, but I zipped it this time and tried downloading. Seems to work ok for me now. (I updated the previous link)

10. Thanks a lot! It's working this time.

11. I've just re-posted my guide to making the AI in a new thread.