1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Beginner Questions

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Steppenwolf, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Ratings:
    +0
    I have three questions, maybe someone can help me with them:

1. Where can i find a tutorial for creating a working starting grid, Pitlanes etc.? Thers a link to a forum in the FAQ but this forum is down :/

2. What are good mipmap settings for custom textures in rfactor?

3. Where can i find the models for starting lights and the lights at the end of the box?

2. nullensc

nullensc

Ratings:
    +0
    re #1 you can join two tracks together (one track being the pits) as per this video [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnij36fq8Uw[/ame] - I haven't done much more than what is desrcribed in it so hopefully someone else will be along shortly with more info ;-)

re #3 it's scheduled to be included in version 0.7 of BTB - see http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/news.aspx (3rd item). - ETA end April, can't wait!

re #2 - I dunno

3. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your quick answer. My question about pit and starting grid is more about the technical part tho that involves AI, multiple players etc. I would like to make my track fully functional before i start to polish it visualy.

4. buckets

buckets

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a track building tutorial help file by Uzzi which I would upload here, but it is an invalid file type for a post.

Maybe the BTB upload section could have an area to upload documents. Eninisfargis'/Eric's texture making/import guide would be a good one to put there as well.

5. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Ratings:
    +0
    Could you upload those files to megaupload, rapidshare or a similar service? Would be much appreciated.

6. buckets

buckets

Ratings:
    +0
  7. chub_pearson

chub_pearson

Ratings:
    +2
    I did a guide to doing the AI on our old RSC forum, I can see about uploading a copy here if you like :)

8. Eric Tozer

Eric Tozer

Ratings:
    +1
    I have just uploaded my Tutorial.
    Still waiting to be approved.
    Cheers

9. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Ratings:
    +0
    I have downloaded this file. Unfortunately none of the links inside the file work. Seems like some pages that belong to it are missing. I get this error:

I'm thankfull for every tutorial btw. Keep them coming.

10. buckets

buckets

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry about that - not sure why it didn't work, but I zipped it this time and tried downloading. Seems to work ok for me now. (I updated the previous link)

11. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot! It's working this time.

12. chub_pearson

chub_pearson

Ratings:
    +2
    I've just re-posted my guide to making the AI in a new thread.