1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

BBC Formula 1 Title Sequence

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Ryan Callan, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Yeh, I love it!

66.7%
  2. Meh, I was hoping for a little more...

13.3%
  3. I never liked 'The Chain' anyway!

20.0%
  1. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

I think its good. CGI so must have save loads of £££ getting race drivers to do this. Music is fantastic. Anyone know where to get that tune?

2. chain... :good:... rest; utter fail...

3. Just search for 'Fleetwood Mac - The Chain' on iTunes. The actual riff is hidden in the middle of the song...

4. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Cheers Ryan.

5. This comment sums up my opinion on the titles

Not having adverts was weird.. now I have to choose a time to go and get a drink where I won't miss too much :(
    Not a complaint, just an observation.

6. really didn't like that new front man guy... bleh!... and the whole pundit team seemed a little... uh, uncomfortable... but tis only the first broadcast... so am sure they'll grow on me... (except eddie jordan.... insufferable little git)

on the bright side... no allen.... SWEET SWEET JESUS!.... never heard legard afore but liked him lots... together with brundle they've got a sweet commentary team...

7. Remember it's their first broadcast as well Andrew. They're probably nervous as hell!

Yeh Legard is good, thoroughly deserved the big job.

8. I didn't realise the stig was in F1 this season...

Jordan was annoying but I think it could prove to be amusing. Coulthard was better than I expected. You can choose commentary on the live broadcast as well on red button :)

9. Haha, I thought that too.... It does look like him at first

10. sky + and pause :)

11. I wish I could afford Sky :)

Watched it on tvcatchup.com live because I don't get good Freeview TV signal here.

12. Can't you watch it on iPlayer Si?

13. Resolution on tvc is slightly better :)

14. Really? Even with the new 'High Quality' stream? I will have to check it out.

15. as long as the bit with the parts of the car with the matey talkin about the engine stays then its good.

16. I didn't find Jordan annoying, some of his predictions were right though, funny enough. It seems Coulthard disaggress with everything he says. In the future we should see a heap of tension between them :p The team is good, they just need time to know eachothers personality. Brundle didn't look "at home" with the rest of them.

The intro was good, I was hoping for some more historic-modern racing, but the CGI effects were cool.

And the racing? It was a great race, start to finish. Gonna be a great season.

17. If people aren't keen on Brundle and Legard, try Radio 5 live during the race (you can change the audio options) which is David Croft and Anthony Davidson. I heard them on Friday Practice 1 and they seemed to have more of a chemistry than Brundle and Legard at the moment and imo were better overall.

I like The Chain but the title sequence would of been better with actual F1 footage.

18. Personally i'd prefer to have David Croft and Martin Brundle, 2 familiar voices.

19. not bad intro

best would be combining the CGI and some old footage in background or mirror or on the buildings...something :) (first generation to latest)