1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Barber in RL vs. iRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Gary Horneck, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Gary Horneck

Gary Horneck

Ratings:
    +87
    Just spent last weekend tracking my car (2011 BMW 335i with mods), at Barber. Two days, one day dry and upper 60's, second day was rain showers and cold. So I logged a total of 4.5 hrs on track over two days. I've logged probably 300 hrs at Barber iRacing. I was so prepared for all that Barber throws at you through the sim, I was running at 90% after just a couple laps. Second session, made some tire pressure adjustments, got to the front of the grid with a Caymen running Continental race slicks and was running the car at the limits just following him. Was beyond fun, especially being a long long time sim racer. Good job on the track recreation.

• Like Like x 2
  2. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars? Premium

Ratings:
    +277
    That's great to hear, one of the great perks of iRacing. I can vouch for quite a few tracks I've driven on in real life, Lime Rock Park, Mid Ohio, Sebring, Daytona, VIR, Road Atlanta, Road America, all spot on. Hope eventually a few of these tracks get updated since they are slowly going out of date on looks and textures.

That means a lot though if you can get up to speed quickly at Barber, not exactly a straight forward track, many blind and long corners.

3. Gary Horneck

Gary Horneck

Ratings:
    +87
    And I'll be doing Road Atlanta next month, so I will again get a good comparison.

• Like Like x 2
  4. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium

Ratings:
    +502
    Always great reading of people who (most likely) aren't paid by the sim devs/publishers as i simply can't trust the statements of all those marketing drivers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars? Premium

Ratings:
    +277
    Road Atlanta is an amazing track. Favorite part was the Esses and the braking zone heading into 10A, g-forces pulling your face forward, then the pucker moment going through turn 11.

6. Gary Horneck

Gary Horneck

Ratings:
    +87
    I can get paid for this? Sign me up... LOL Just a 64yr old, long time racer/simer getting back on track after a 35 yr hiatus.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fritz Anker

Fritz Anker

Ratings:
    +29
    Looking forward to hearing about Road Atlanta. One of my favorite tracks to watch, and drive on iRacing. I can vouch for Seca, impeccably done. Need to drive farther north someday and compare Sonoma.

...Barber is tough though. I am just captain slow there. So technical, blind, elevation change. It has it all.

8. Gary Horneck

Gary Horneck

Ratings:
    +87
    What Barber looked like from my car.

• Like Like x 2
  9. rancer890

rancer890

Ratings:
    +28
    Having just raced Barber yesterday in an IndyCar. Wow, so much fun. Just have to put the work in to practice. I think I lived in virtual Barber all week with 300 laps of practice. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1