Barber in RL vs. iRacing

Just spent last weekend tracking my car (2011 BMW 335i with mods), at Barber. Two days, one day dry and upper 60's, second day was rain showers and cold. So I logged a total of 4.5 hrs on track over two days. I've logged probably 300 hrs at Barber iRacing. I was so prepared for all that Barber throws at you through the sim, I was running at 90% after just a couple laps. Second session, made some tire pressure adjustments, got to the front of the grid with a Caymen running Continental race slicks and was running the car at the limits just following him. Was beyond fun, especially being a long long time sim racer. Good job on the track recreation.

That's great to hear, one of the great perks of iRacing. I can vouch for quite a few tracks I've driven on in real life, Lime Rock Park, Mid Ohio, Sebring, Daytona, VIR, Road Atlanta, Road America, all spot on. Hope eventually a few of these tracks get updated since they are slowly going out of date on looks and textures.

That means a lot though if you can get up to speed quickly at Barber, not exactly a straight forward track, many blind and long corners.

Looking forward to hearing about Road Atlanta. One of my favorite tracks to watch, and drive on iRacing. I can vouch for Seca, impeccably done. Need to drive farther north someday and compare Sonoma.

...Barber is tough though. I am just captain slow there. So technical, blind, elevation change. It has it all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back