1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

BAN FROM SERVER?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Dave Flower, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Hi to all, and Happy New Year. I have searched around the forum and ban not seem to find an area for ban disputes. It would appear that I am banned from the race department GTR Evo Mini Server, and I would like to find out how I can resolve this by way of a ban dispute as I feel the ban was unfaily applied.
    If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Player name Enlighten 01. (e 01)

2. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Are you banned, or could you simply not enter due to not knowing the Password? That server is a closed one for our Racing Club members ?

3. definitely a ban - happened about a month ago - I have GTR set up on more than one pc here (fully legal before anyone asks) and I tend to press gang any visitors into playing it. I now keep a much more careful eye on people playing on my machine, put them in world ranking where they cant crash, or on lan.

Thankyou for the quick reply.

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

I've not seen us run a Public server on Mini's. I fear Ryan that Warren is right. Most of our servers are passworded for private use by the Racing Club. Our public server usually runs WTCC.

5. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Are you only banned from RD Servers or are you banned from all servers?
    It is possible that your Steam ID is banned.
    When did you get the banned message on our MINI server, because you wouldn't have been able to get past our password?

6. OK feeliong a bit stupid now....

At the moment I can't find the server that I thought I was banned from! I thought it was race department but perhaps I was mistaken, it was only one server not multiple servers and each time i tried to join I got a message saying I had been voted off, even on an empty server, so I know it was a server setting - maybe my mystery will never be solved, but thats ok because so long as I can race I don't care!
    Thankyou for taking the time to read ad reply to my post - if I find the server again I will make a written note and deal with it straight away, rather than a mental note, that I act on later!

7. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Was the message "Booted as possible cheat" ?
    I have seen that happen to lots of people, even to me a couple of times, if you try to enter with a track version that is not the same as the server (ie. the server has a newer or older version). I've also seen that happen when someone tries to enter with a mod or addon car.