Ban car skins online

Jan Larsen

Premium
Due to the recent amount of skin problems on the server, perhaps we should ban custom skins? Too many issues for people getting discoed, including myself and my connection is usually rock solid.

"Another key element of online racing, either in a league or quick race multiplayer environment, is the ability for users to proudly display their own custom or downloaded liveries. Since the introduction of the refreshed UI in rFactor 2 this feature has taken something of a back seat, however we are currently in the process of reinvigorating and refreshing how skin transfers are handled within the UI, with much improved performance and functionality set to be introduced in the near future. We are looking to offer up a much simplified and clearer progress bar and status icons around skin transfers, although this enhancement is still very much in the early stages of development, we expect it should vastly improve how skin transfers are handled within the simulation."

Let's hope that this fixes it, in the meantime... I might implement that for "my" club races.

You should always untick upload skins

My idea years back was Community skin packs

Global-Racers-Concept-Packs.jpg

Fairly easy concept you make a thread for each car model and get everyone to submit their Skin, car #1 , real name and nickname, this way you get no repeat car numbers

People that don't have skins can get one done by a painter in same pack

F3-v1-5.jpg

Always include " Guest" skins, gives newcomers a alternative and remind them if they want to get a painter do a skin
Then at regular times you upgrade each pack to include new skins
Main thing for me was only 1 car 1 number

FOLDER.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play