Back to single screen

I always heard "once you try triple screen you'll never go back". Well, I've gone back. The Eyefinity setup I was running; 2 x 6970's and 3 x 23" monitors, was just too much headache. I also felt too constricted "in" there. I am now back to my single 28" running at 1920x1200. Very few games that play well on triple screens, to me it is distracting as well.

Ive been pondering over this for a while now.. do i really want triple screen , hell YES:D ...do i need it ..unfortunately NO:(
In the end i decided no, and instead will buy a big 50 inch tv with many hertz... Multi purpose use.. i have my rig in my front room pride and place so this also has to be a normal tv for films etc... xbox also springs to mind..
Also there was a pc upgrade (almost new pc) and then either 2 nvidea cars or 1 of the Ati cards that use eyefinity which ever way there was money to spend..:oops: .
As ive found out there is no cheap way so choose wisely and read all the info you can:)

Upvote 0
I can't go back, we have one setup with 3x32" screens and one with a single 40" screen or projector now. It just feels horribly detached when on the single screen, the sooner I can get the other setup triple screened the better

Upvote 0
Racing games/sims and perhaps flight sims/games are the most popular reason to use triple screens. Some FPS games are also enhanced when using triple screens, but there are a lot of games that tend to not look great when trying to use this kind of setup. If you predominantly race or fly, then I can't see where you would want to end up going back to a single monitor, but if you do other gaming as well I can see the advantage of using a single.

For me, I like the extra area that is visible when driving in a triple screen setup. You can actually see the right side mirror and use it when in cockpit view. If you race in swingman, then I can see where you would not be seeing any more useful information. For flight sims/games it is still a wise decision to use a head tracking setup along with triple screens to get the most out of it, but you still end up with a better field of view around you with triples.

However, it all comes down to personal preference. Some people won't use triple screens as they tend to look straight ahead and move their eyes only to get the full picture and a triple screen means a lot more eye/head movement in order to take it all in.

Upvote 0
Don't see how going back is even possible. With triple screens, it feels like I'm actually out on track driving. With a single monitor, it's like I'm looking through a small mirror and guessing where I'm going... Just hard for me to go back now. Couldn't believe I raced with 1 monitor before...

Upvote 0
I wish i could justify 3 screens... i have the pc to do this now,,, maybe i can find 2 more 50 inch plasma's in a year or so (who am i kidding)
my actual question is can you put 2 smaller screans either side of a big screen... ie 30 inch and line it up with the side windows or will it still try and show a full picture.....

Upvote 0
Triplescreens aint suited for a lot of games.
But for one thing it stands out, total immersion, especially for sims.
I can't even imagine anymore how i would race with only one screen.
I would not be able to look to side anymore, seeing the guy who want to overtake me in my sidescreens.

Upvote 0
I wish i could justify 3 screens... i have the pc to do this now,,, maybe i can find 2 more 50 inch plasma's in a year or so (who am i kidding)
my actual question is can you put 2 smaller screans either side of a big screen... ie 30 inch and line it up with the side windows or will it still try and show a full picture.....

Not sure about nVidia setups, but with ATI cards, you have the have similar screen resolutions on each screen to be able to set up eyefinity. That being said, if you have 2 30" screens on the outside and a 50" in the middle, everything is going to look a lot smaller on the side screens.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back