Automobilista to Feature McLaren Cars?

mclaren-sign.jpg

Yet another tasty surprise from AMS.

It looks like Reiza still has an ace or two up its sleeves, because something came up with the last update, something very interesting indeed. As the screenshot shows, it seems like there is a folder laying around in the 'Vehicles' directory of Automobilista, clearly labelled "Mclaren"!

mclaren_scoop #1.png

Right now, there is not much else to say rather than this is very exciting news since Reiza did mention a partnership with a British manufacturer in the past, for a DLC that still hasn't happened. Is this the proof we needed that the DLC is actually coming and that it will feature McLaren cars?
Renato Simioni's reaction seems to prove it, or is at least a nice wink in that direction.
Stay tuned!

mclaren scoop #2.png

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Check us out on Social Media!

Last edited:
Reiza just keeps giving. Whatever they'll bring I bet it'll be outstanding. It's a shame some people are more hung up on graphics than anything else and AMS is not as popular as should be. Also, not being VR friendly hurts it a bit.

As a DD owner for quite some time now, AMS is in my opinion the best vehicle driving experience by far! It feels like the piece that was missing after getting hold of the best Sim hardware in the market.
Don't get me wrong now, I do enjoy every racing game I can get my DD working with, but AMS provides me the most intuitive driving feel of all.
I'll try to enumerate some reasons:
1st- Linear and rich FFB
2nd- Visuals smoothness (the best sense of speed by far, can only compare to Richard Burns Rally standard)
3rd- Great overall graphics (Similar to iracing but with some way better looking vehicles)
4th- Modable
5th- Sounds are top notch and are hugely responsible for helping driving consistently.

The main things I would like to see in the game are:
1st- Animated crowds&pits
2nd- Weather variation (Rain would be enough in adition)
3rd- Monaco and few more historic tracks. (Still love the ones available though)

VR can wait because it's pointless to have the current blurry devices in your head, missing out the beauty of crisp clear image provided by great monitors available in the market today.

Last edited:
Please do some of the historic Can Am cars like the M6A, M6B, M8A, M8B, M8D or M8F.

Or better make a complete Can Am 1967 or 68 game, with all cars and tracks and physics and FFB like AMS.

Thanks
Imagine a CanAm series... I would die of happiness. Wouldnt even get to drive the cars because dead by heart attack - from happiness and excitement.

Reiza just keeps giving. Whatever they'll bring I bet it'll be outstanding. It's a shame some people are more hung up on graphics than anything else and AMS is not as popular as should be. Also, not being VR friendly hurts it a bit.
Well, I have to say, after reading the high accolades for AMS, I just purchased it and a hoop of DLC for less than $20 from steam. All the comments appear to be spot on. Sure, it's not top end graphics, but the FFB and realism is very good. I'm still learning all the configuration needs and exploring what settings are best for a Fanatec wheel, but so far, I have to say it is an incredible bargain when on sale at Steam.

VR can wait because it's pointless to have the current blurry devices in your head, missing out the beauty of crisp clear image provided by great monitors available in the market today.
The Immersion factor and incredible consistency in turning quality laps, out weighs the Pretty scenery for me, just my opinion.

After playing for several days now, I think I could classify AMS as a trainer sim. Its simulation and modelling prowess, really help identify where your diving style is flawed. If you can turn quality laps consistently in AMS, I am certain your performance in other games is bound to improve. It seems to me that the pace of the laps is somewhat slower in AMS, and that helps you focus on your line, the apexes, the proper shifting point, and all the other minutia that goes into a quality competitive drive. I am impressed, especially considering the age of this software title.

Nice and to think, tonight i just moved my rig back inline with my 4k screen just to play AMS again ! What perfect timing for me to tire of the VR blur and crave the 4k glory ;) Been VR exclusive for over a year now and the clarity of 4k AMS has been glorious :)
Just sold my Rift after 18 months of exclusive VR and will play on 4k TV again until I get ultrawide or triples! Man sim racing is sweet!

Or better make a complete Can Am 1967 or 68 game, with all cars and tracks and physics and FFB like AMS.
A '67 or '68 Can Am game would be a bad choice because no one would drive anything except the McLarens unless the physics are massaged into unrealistic league editions. 1966 or 1972 are the only years for Can Am that make sense, where the different marques actually had a chance. 1973, of course, saw Porsche uber alles.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.