Automobilista Skinning Tutorial

I'm using Gimp (Tried Paint.NET first, but no support for layer groups is a no-go) and I don't really get how to make a proper alpha layer so my car isn't completely shiny. Does anyone have a tutorial on that?

Also what layers should I set to visible when merging the layers down? Everything except the wireframe? Because the "Base" layer from the Vee template seems to make my car silver instead of the color from the paint layer

Thanks in advance!

ive edited the templates, in photoshop, and saved to .psd files,. do i need to flatten layers and save? and where do i add files for AMS

you need to save them as a DXT5 .DDS file with alpha layer. you will need the PS plugin.

you will need to make a new folder in the specific vehicles folder and make a .VEH file for your new skin. I just copy another cars .VEH file and edit it to suit the new skins filename and details.

if you live on the Gold Coast you could pop over and id show you what to do lol.

if you watch skinning tutorials for rfactor on youtube, its pretty much the same for skinning AMS

you need to save them as a DXT5 .DDS file with alpha layer. you will need the PS plugin.

you will need to make a new folder in the specific vehicles folder and make a .VEH file for your new skin. I just copy another cars .VEH file and edit it to suit the new skins filename and details.

if you live on the Gold Coast you could pop over and id show you what to do lol.

if you watch skinning tutorials for rfactor on youtube, its pretty much the same for skinning AMS
thanks rob, I did finally get it, got it saved and it comes up in game, so i think im there, very basic work though,.
windscreen number always show different to the edit? thats weird, side windows are ok.

hello good afternoon, some tutorial to upload the paint, never uploaded a painting to motorist. I am new to this simulator and how are we going to do a gt3 championship I wanted to learn how to upload the paintings of the cars

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back