Automobilista: New Tracks Coming - New Game Annoucement "Soon"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza New Game Preview.jpg

Reiza Studios have some exciting news to share...

Somehow the little Brazilian development studio have managed to announce even more awesomeness in their latest roadmap release - confirming that the surprise (and epic) addition of Donington Park and Snetterton for Automobilista in the near future, some updates and additional content for the recent rFactor 2 'Reiza Pack' DLC and... confirming an announcement about the next racing title is very close indeed...

Hello everyone!

Time to break radio silence again to bring you some fresh news about what´s happening with Reiza and our projects over recent weeks and for the foreseeable future.

Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle - May Update
As previously announced, we´ve continued development of the rF2 content this month focusing primarily on development of the two additional Imola versions - the 1988 and 2001 layouts, which will be added free of charge to all who bought the Imola track or any pack that included it.

Below a couple of WIP previews - now the rF2 Mclarens will have some era-accurate official tracks to stretch their legs on..

AMS Imola 1.jpg
AMS Imola 2.jpg

There´s also been some work done elsewhere in the pack with further polishing and sorting a few remaining issues - more notably we have added the missing wet tire compound for the MCR S2000 and we are working on adding the turbo model to the Metalmoro cars that feature it.

With the possible exception of the turbos, these updates are due for release later next week.

Automobilista Final Update & DLC
Unfortunately are still struggling a bit to get this one worked out. Without going too far into licensing specifics, here´s a brief breakdown of where things stand at the moment:

Although we have for a while now held a licensing deal for some new cars for our next sim and already have them modelled and in-game, we jumped the gun with regards to extending their license agreement to Automobilista - despite continuing attempts we still haven´t quite managed to make the numbers work and it´s looking unlikely we will manage to, which may force us to pull the plug on releasing this particular pack in Automobilista.

If that scenario pans out however we have put together a good alternative - we are extending our licensing agreement with Motorsport Vision to include Donington Park and Snetterton, and in this one we would be able to release both tracks for Automobilista as part of the AMS Season Pack with no extra charge for those who already own that.

Development for both Donington and Snetterton is already in progress, and we should have them both ready by late July.

I understand such changes are never a good thing specially for something that was announced so long ago, hopefully most users agree this alternative is good value too.

Either way we are set on releasing one last set of premium content for Automobilista along with some minor bug fixing before the end of July.

There is one more thing...
Naturally most of you will be checking this more interested in hearing news about our much anticipated and long overdue new title.... I´m aware we have pushed everyone´s patience to the limit there but good things do come for those who wait :)

After a long, gruelling and sometimes painful conception we´re finally getting ready to unveil our new baby. Stay tuned for an announcement to be made in the coming days on our Social Media pages, which you can access from the links on the top right of this forum.

Once this is out of the way we should certainly have a lot more to chat about again, so look forward to us resuming our monthly update tradition from next month onwards!

AMS fans rejoice! We have a dedicated Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and it has plenty to offer you so head on over! You want mods, we have mods! You want racing events, then come sign up! You want news? You got news! You want free money? Me too, let me know where you find it..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Does anyone have detailed understanding of the physics side of the madness engine? I am assuming the Reiza team, already deep into development, are finding the handling feel of their content in the new title to be on par or even better than AMS. But do they have to use the same physics code as SMS when they use the madness engine? Or can they import other code into the engine?

The reason it is slightly concerning is not because I don't have trust in Reiza but because we haven't seen a great simulation based upon the madness engine. Project cars 2 has a few vehicles that feel pretty good but so many of them are not anywhere up to the standard we would expect for AMS 2. I just hope that Reiza isn't finding that they have to sacrifice anything on the handling feel of their cars to be able to get the modern features the madness engine offers.

And this should be the very first question Paul asks when he interviews them!

One main things regarding the physics with the madness engine that feels different from AMS, is due to the enhanced dynamic track which uses changing temps around the track based on shadows, clouds and sun's location.
AMS, AC and R3E used one temp across the entire track which made for a more consistent feel throughout a session.
Like RL the cars setup and handling is built around track conditions which are constantly changing.

FFB is subjective to each user as we all use different senses, tho after recently getting back into PC2 and using the tire info I've found from there site and now understand what's going on, I can say I am really enjoying the game more than I did at launchand really enjoy the Dynamics of the engine.

I have faith in Reiza that they will enhance the ffb feel even more.
Time will tell
That's why you hear so many complain about inconsistent feel.
Everything comes down to managing optimal tire compounds/temps for the track conditions in the madness engine.

One other benefit of this, unlike SMS who stopped support after 1 yr. Hopefully Reiza can continue developing and fixing any issues in the engine and push it even farther.

Sorry didn't really answer your question.

Last edited:
One main things regarding the physics with the madness engine that feels different from AMS, is due to the enhanced dynamic track which uses changing temps around the track based on shadows, clouds and sun's location.
AMS, AC and R3E used one temp across the entire track which made for a more consistent feel throughout a session.
Like RL the cars setup and handling is built around track conditions which are constantly changing.

FFB is subjective to each user as we all use different senses, tho after recently getting back into PC2 and using the tire info I've found from there site and now understand what's going on, I can say I am really enjoying the game more than I did at launchand really enjoy the Dynamics of the engine.

I have faith in Reiza that they will enhance the ffb feel even more.
Time will tell
That's why you hear so many complain about inconsistent feel.
Everything comes down to managing optimal tire compounds/temps for the track conditions in the madness engine.

Sorry didn't really answer your question.

I agree everyone has different preferences for sim feel. But AMS is broadly known for consistency and excellent ffb and handling. PC1 and 2 are not. I was a backer for PC1, enjoyed it and have nothing against SMS. But neither SMS title feels great to me. PC2 has its moments, for sure, where it is much improved from PC1 and some cars rise above mediocrity. But when you compare something like their formula type cars to AMS, well, their is no comparison imo.

I have faith in Reiza. But sometimes a business will compromise strategy in one area to gain in another. I really hope we get the madness engine advantages in features but don't lose any of the AMS ffb and handling feel excellence. Because for me, features like rain and day/night pale in importance versus how the sim feels when driving it.

The best news I heard since a long time! The first time in years that I am sort of hyped for a game, and it's pretty likely that Reiza will be able to deliver and give great long term support. I will defenately buy their AMS DLC again to give them some support.

I hope they can update the sound so we get more realism in that department. Thats one thing missing. Having separate transmission sound and rattles from the cockpit etc.

Also some more graphical effects like dirt buildup/bugsplats. This is a gameplay feature not flashy graphics for graphics sake.

Im think Reiza will create something awesome though.

I am 99% sure that the final DLC is free content... you only need to buy Automobilista in that case.

I have been looking around the old forum and Reiza news releases to confirm my statement... and I cant seem to find that the final DLC is free for AMS owners.

I think I am confusing that this DLC will be free for the crowd fund backers above a certain level.

I am sure that Season Pass owners will get the final DLC free, and that the final DLC will be available for purchase standalone.

Sorry for any confusion that I might have caused.

Be sure to take advantage of the Steam summer sale and get AMS and/or the Seasons Pass for a bargain price if you haven't done so.

Depends on what you mean by the "final DLC" I guess. If you mean the unspecified DLC that kept getting delayed, that is apparently unlikely to come out. If you mean Donington and Snetterton, then they should be free for Season Pass owners:

Although we have for a while now held a licensing deal for some new cars for our next sim and already have them modelled and in-game, we jumped the gun with regards to extending their license agreement to Automobilista – despite continuing attempts we still haven´t quite managed to make the numbers work and it´s looking unlikely we will manage to, which may force us to pull the plug on releasing this particular pack in Automobilista.

If that scenario pans out however we have put together a good alternative – we are extending our licensing agreement with Motorsport Vision to include Donington Park and Snetterton, and in this one we would be able to release both tracks for Automobilista as part of the AMS Season Pack with no extra charge for those who already own that.

Development for both Donington and Snetterton is already in progress, and we should have them both ready by late July.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back