Automobilista: EA v0.9.3 Released

Chris

Premium
Boxer Cup.jpg
Reiza Studios have released the highly anticipated v0.9.3 Early Access build for Automobilista featuring a long list of bug fixes and game optimisations, along with a new car in the Boxer Cup and a new track in Virginia International Raceway (three layouts).

The Boxer Cup looks to essentially be a Porsche Carrera Cup car which, for fans of the sim, is a greatly appreciated addition considering much of the game's'obscure content'. Additionally if you've ever seen a Porsche Carrera Cup race, you'll know that the racing is brutally close, so there's that to look forward too.

Virginia International Raceway (VIR) is a massive addition to the game as it's a break away from the majority of Brazilian tracks found in game. Considered as one of America's Crown Jewel race tracks, VIR was first opened in 1957 and since then has been used for categories such as NASCAR, ISMA GT, the American Le Mans Series and the Rolex Sports Car Series.

Changelog
  • New track: Added Virginia International Raceway (3 layouts).
  • New series: Added Boxer Cup series (hotfix to address team names will come up shortly).
  • Fixed a bug with LCD displays that could cause the game to crash after loading a session in certain conditions.
  • Added a Series .SRS auto-sort function - SRS files no longer need to be named "REIZAXX", and the game will automatically sort their main menu listing in alphabetical order, with original series coming first - slots REIZA01-28 & REIZA99 are reserved for Reiza original content, mods can use REIZA29 up to 99 OR any other name of the modder´s preference; New REIZAXX must be in upper-case.
  • Added a reset sound event to mute replay sounds at the end of the replay.
  • Added an extra state to virtual mirror cycle to display the in-car mirrors, but not the virtual mirrors.
  • Added option for mapping multiple commands to the same key / button.
  • Increased maximum race lap limit from 100 to 500.
  • Added extra custom AI physics values to improve AI stability & re-callibrated AI performance for various series.
  • Revised Portuguese, french & Spanish localization (work still in progress).
  • Added parameter to define engine layout & orientation, and set cars with transverse engines (Marcas, Mini, Lancers, Karts) accordingly.
  • Revised aeromap for several cars.
  • Fixed bug with windshields of various cars becoming transparent at night.
  • Reprofiled LCD displays for Superkart, SuperV8, StockV8, F-V12, F-Classic.
  • Updated font alpha in all Motec-style displays & added a function to light up background when headlights are switched on.
  • Updated sky textures & added 2 new packs.
  • DynHUD: Fixed reading Config.ini with UTF-16 (This also fixes the "editor starting with white screen" bug); fixed editor to access the correct data folder; Improved viewport detection and change reaction; Renders on top of big monitor now; MapWidget now renders item positions correctly again; Improved on-track detection for MapWidget; Fixed textures to be properly updated after configuration loaded.
  • Curitiba: Smoothed out section near 200m board in the main straight.
  • Supertruck: revised tire physics.
  • F-Vee: Fixed rollbar LOD distance.
  • Opala: Fixed championship scoring not computing.

RaceDepartment have a huge selection of quality mods available to download for Automobilista right now, have a look at our AMS forum for download links and reviews, user created setups and of course you cannot forget our highly popular Automobilista Racing Club which will be featuring the new content as of immediately!

Last edited:
my game close on home screen :(

Mine does the same thing. Mine shows an icon in the bottom task bar and I can click on it and it comes back to full screen. So for some reason it's reducing it to the task bar when the game starts. It plays fine after that.

Also once I stop the game it also never shuts down. It still shows it running in Steam. I have to go to task manager and shut down steam for AMS to stop running.

Been running GSCE for over 2 years now with no issues. So I'm not sure why AMS is having probs. I verified files and all is ok. I may have to delete and re-install.

I still have the AMS beta on my hard drive and it doesn't do it, strange?

Last edited:
We have an issue with the HUD in multi-player since the update.....
It freezes for no reason and you have to press 5 on the keyboard a few times to fix it. Not easy when driving!
Happened to a number of drivers throughout the racing last night.
Suggestions??

We have an issue with the HUD in multi-player since the update.....
It freezes for no reason and you have to press 5 on the keyboard a few times to fix it. Not easy when driving!
Happened to a number of drivers throughout the racing last night.
Suggestions??
Same issue and it usually freezes between sessions. Never had this issue before update

Mine does the same thing. Mine shows an icon in the bottom task bar and I can click on it and it comes back to full screen. So for some reason it's reducing it to the task bar when the game starts. It plays fine after that.

Also once I stop the game it also never shuts down. It still shows it running in Steam. I have to go to task manager and shut down steam for AMS to stop running.

Been running GSCE for over 2 years now with no issues. So I'm not sure why AMS is having probs. I verified files and all is ok. I may have to delete and re-install.

I still have the AMS beta on my hard drive and it doesn't do it, strange?
Mine has minimized to the bottom task bar ever since the first version i downloaded, and it does it every time i launch the game from a fresh boot...music plays but the app is minimized. It only does it from a fresh PC startup. If i shut AMS, then reload it (without a reboot), the minimizing doesnt happen.

If the Beta works and the release doesn´t, it suggests there´s something else at play, most likely some mod the game is not getting along with it. Beta and release are the same version atm.

Renato...yeah I kind of figured that was the case, but haven't got around to sorting it out yet. It still works so it's not a deal breaker. Now that you've confirmed what I suspected then I will look into it more.

The only mod I imported was the DRM mod I ran in GSCE. One of my favorites mods of all time. Love the feel of those 70's and early 80's cars. Rough and hard to handle. Kind of the way I like my women. Hahaha :laugh:

Thanks for replying Renato.....you guys rock!

Last edited:
Renato, I was wrong. There are no mods on either one, AMS or AMS beta. I thought I installed DRM on AMS, but I guess I didn't. I just play GSCE when I want to run mods. I tried AMS again and it is still doing the same thing. So I really don't know what is causing the conflict. I'll try a reinstall and if it still has problems I'll post this in the support section. Thanks.

Last edited:
From Reiza forum:
Automobilista v0.9.35 now up - this is a hotfix to address some issues that have come up since 0.9.3 plus some other adjustments.

Changelog:

• Fixed bug which caused AI cars to appear "sinking" in a saved replay (may compromise older replays)
  • DynHUD: Hopefully fixed instabilities in displayed lap times; Vehicle number from VehicleInfo is now handled as a String; Fixed FastestLapWidget visibility in non race sessions
  • Corrected bug with auto-blip not being effective with sequential boxes
  • Added remaining modified skins for F-Retro, F-Classic, F-V12
  • Adjusted flatspot textures to be darker (more visible)
  • Tweaked AI behavior to be a bit less agressive in close racing conditions
  • VIR: Moved trash cans back in Pit Area, included updated road texture
  • F-Reiza: Fixed bug with soft tire not producing flatspots
  • F-Extreme: Adjusted default setup
  • Boxer Cup: Added team names; adjusted wheel rates, aero & tire wear
  • StockV8: Corrected minor error with rear left damper
  • F3: Revised tires, adjusted aero draft effects
  • MR18: Fixed error with aero balance in draft
  • Kart 125cc: Fixed RPM clipping above 10k revs
  • Kart Rental: Fixed bug with tires not picking up dirt

Love to know when it says adjusted that they actually say in what respect
Boxer cup steering has definitely changed, and aero more/less? tyres more/less wear??

The game crashes when trying to load a full grid of Stock Cars (33 cars) at VIR.
It might be a memory problem. VIR seems to be more resource demanding than previous tracks… So maybe you need to lower some settings.
Best would be to make a trace log to see what's going on: create a shortcut for the game in your desktop, right click it -> go to Properties, and edit the target to add at the end +trace=3 ; this will create a trace.txt in your Userdata\LOG folder. Attach it there so you can have help to understand it.

It might be a memory problem. VIR seems to be more resource demanding than previous tracks… So maybe you need to lower some settings.
Best would be to make a trace log to see what's going on: create a shortcut for the game in your desktop, right click it -> go to Properties, and edit the target to add at the end +trace=3 ; this will create a trace.txt in your Userdata\LOG folder. Attach it there so you can have help to understand it.

I have an i5-6600, GTX 980 Ti, and 16 gigs DDR4-2400 RAM, there should be no issues with rendering.

I tried it again, and it actually loaded up with no problems. I think it just derped for a minute or something.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back