Automobilista Driver Academy: From Rookie to Online Sim Racer

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Dear Automobilisti,

From this Thursday onwards we'll re-ignite our Premium Driver Academy program but this time no longer with Stock Car Extreme, but of course with Reiza's latest offering Automobilista (AMS).

What is the driver academy
RaceDepartment has a long history of helping starting inexperienced sim racers to make their first steps into the world of online racing.

Some drivers may think they aren't fast enough to race online, or fear that their lack of racing skills will ruin somebody else's race. Well fear no more!

If the above applies to you we will help you to transform in no less than 90 to 120 minutes from a rookie into a sim racer that has touched on all the basics of online motorsports and you'll be ready to race online in our clubs, leagues (or anywhere else on the web you prefer of course).

On Thursday's I'll take six rookies out on track and with intensive personal coaching I'll help you to shave off a significant amount of time from your previous best lap times.

What you'll learn
  • How to prepare yourself for online racing (steering wheel setup etc)
  • How to brake
  • How to shift
  • How to accelerate
  • How to corner
  • How to understand the behaviour of your car
Interested?
  1. If you haven't done so already upgrade your account here and go premium. The little 9,99 Euro will not only give you access to our driver academy but also include the tons of other cool premium features listed on that page.
  2. After upgrading, head over to the Premium Driver Academy subforum in the The Paddock Club which is exclusively available to premium members.
  3. Sign yourself up for the next event and kick start your sim racing career!
We'll be offering an advanced driver academy for average sim racers in the near future as well. Stay tuned for more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I've just got the game and I'm not a premium member yet but would I be able to take part in this event if I were to become a premium member or have I missed it now?

I am a complete beginner to racing sims (I don't know how to drive a car IRL) but would love to learn how to play this game and how to drive a car better in the game. If I have missed the event will there be a future one or is there a way I can look back over the previous event?

Thanks

I agree with you both, it was great fun last night and very informative. Once I get a new wheel I think I will have another go at the academy but as I get better I will miss taking the scenic route through the gravel traps and grass!

P.S. Thanks Bram for helping me try to sort my wheel settings out. All the best, Alex, I mean Andrew ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back