1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Automobilista Driver Academy: From Rookie to Online Sim Racer

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Bram, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Dear Automobilisti,

From this Thursday onwards we'll re-ignite our Premium Driver Academy program but this time no longer with Stock Car Extreme, but of course with Reiza's latest offering Automobilista (AMS).

What is the driver academy
    RaceDepartment has a long history of helping starting inexperienced sim racers to make their first steps into the world of online racing.

Some drivers may think they aren't fast enough to race online, or fear that their lack of racing skills will ruin somebody else's race. Well fear no more!

If the above applies to you we will help you to transform in no less than 90 to 120 minutes from a rookie into a sim racer that has touched on all the basics of online motorsports and you'll be ready to race online in our clubs, leagues (or anywhere else on the web you prefer of course).

On Thursday's I'll take six rookies out on track and with intensive personal coaching I'll help you to shave off a significant amount of time from your previous best lap times.

What you'll learn
    • How to prepare yourself for online racing (steering wheel setup etc)
    • How to brake
    • How to shift
    • How to accelerate
    • How to corner
    • How to understand the behaviour of your car
    Interested?
    1. If you haven't done so already upgrade your account here and go premium. The little 9,99 Euro will not only give you access to our driver academy but also include the tons of other cool premium features listed on that page.
    2. After upgrading, head over to the Premium Driver Academy subforum in the The Paddock Club which is exclusively available to premium members.
    3. Sign yourself up for the next event and kick start your sim racing career!
    We'll be offering an advanced driver academy for average sim racers in the near future as well. Stay tuned for more info.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bram

Bram

reserved

3. Great title, because online racer should be a goal ; not something the world owes you on day one.

4. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce
    Stercus accidit Premium Member

Looking forward to this!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. AfxTwn

AfxTwn
    Premium Member

Hi, I've just got the game and I'm not a premium member yet but would I be able to take part in this event if I were to become a premium member or have I missed it now?

I am a complete beginner to racing sims (I don't know how to drive a car IRL) but would love to learn how to play this game and how to drive a car better in the game. If I have missed the event will there be a future one or is there a way I can look back over the previous event?

Thanks

6. Stingraymx

Stingraymx
    Premium Member

me too...if there is another planned, i am in
    cheers

7. Bram

Bram

There will be. Next week I think.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AfxTwn

AfxTwn
    Premium Member

Brilliant! I've just become a premium member so hopefully I'll be able to secure my place in the academy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bram

Bram

10. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa
    Premium Member

Does it cover FWD techniques? I`ve became premium member recently, but I have to check my schedule to join the academy. Do I have to join it soon?

11. Bram

Bram

We still have one slot available for tonights session

12. Stingraymx

Stingraymx
    Premium Member

Enjoyable and informative evening. Recommended for any other newbies, as it's easier to improve once the basics are understood ! Thanks Bram for instructing, and to the others in the group for steering clear of my spinning car !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    Premium Member

I would also recommend anybody to try this academy, really worth it! Very friendly and such a great lesson! We all shave so much our laptimes, it's incredible! Now we need to practice but all the basics are there. Thank you Bram!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. AfxTwn

AfxTwn
    Premium Member

I agree with you both, it was great fun last night and very informative. Once I get a new wheel I think I will have another go at the academy but as I get better I will miss taking the scenic route through the gravel traps and grass!

P.S. Thanks Bram for helping me try to sort my wheel settings out. All the best, Alex, I mean Andrew ;)

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium Member

Just gotta chime in and say that this was a massive help for me and was also great fun too. Anyone new to RD it is also a great way of feeling welcome to the great community there is here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sean Rogers

Sean Rogers
    Premium Member

Hi Bram,
    Will there be another Automobilista Driver Academy anytime soon?
    I sure could use a few (read: many) pointers :unsure:

17. Bram

Bram

I think in a week or two from now. But in the meantime don't wait for it, just join some club events and hop on TS and we can help anybody out there as well :)

18. Sean Rogers

Sean Rogers
    Premium Member

Thanks Bram, I have been at the last 3 club events, good fun! but highlights the fact that I am in need of some speed :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Would it be possible to do it on a saturday pm in UK like 3/4 pm. So it's 12/1am in oz. Maybe I'm the only one down under. Dont worry if it's too much of a trouble

20. Sean Rogers

Sean Rogers
    Premium Member

I'm in Sydney and am hoping for a bit earlier time than 12/1 am! :sleep:
    20h00 to 22h00 AEST would be more manageable I would think?