Automobilista DAQ Plugin Setup

Other Automobilista DAQ Plugin Setup 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just realized this problem, after trouble shooting strange AMS lockups for online and offline racing.

Special Note: The plugin records data to RAM memory that is shared with AMS, this could cause AMS to crash or stop responding due to 32bit application memory access limitations. The number of cars loaded, the type of car, the track used, and the graphics detail level you have set, will determine how much RAM is remaining to record telemetry. AMS v1.1.5 will now display a "low memory warning" while you are on track. If you see a low memory warning while recording telemetry, use the ON/OFF toggle (CTRL-M is default) to stop recording. When back in the garage the telemetry that was recorded will be written out as normal.

:cool:

In my experience you can keep recording for a few laps after the memory warnings start without crashing AMS. Reducing the total number of cars will free up quite a lot of memory depending on the car. Recording telemetry for long races should be avoided.

Last edited:
Thanks @Gringo. I haven't had this problem myself and I have the telemetry turned on all the time automatically but AMS being 32 bit seems to be becoming more and more of a problem. I guess we have to wait for Reiza17 to fix that.

Yes, I still normally leave the plugin recording all the time... in most cases you will not see this problem. The issue came to light while running night races at Kansai which demands a very high memory load. It all depends on what car/track and how many laps you record before boxing.

Cheers

Last edited:
Yes, I still normally leave the plugin recording all the time... in most cases you will not see this problem. The issue came to light while running night races at Kansai which demands a very high memory load. It all depends on what car/track and how many laps you record before boxing.

Cheers
Sorry to take you away from the original post but this question is vaguely related to your problems being discussed here.
I am having big pauses in game at Kansai while running at night, not while using this mod, just in general play. It seems there are a number of us who have 980 graphics cars with the same issue. Is there anyone who might have a suggestion for dealing with this issue?

Hi @Casper

This night race at Kansai issue is under investigation over at the Reiza Beta Forums. I took the liberty of linking your post to the "Reiza 51" dev thread.

At this point the problem has not been solved.

What seems to be happening is the 980's are suffering from a driver crash. In some cases the driver can reset itself and carry on... but of course your car will more will likely been heading into the barriers by the time the display comes back.

A post over on the Rieza forums would be helpful.

Last edited:
@Casper

Anti-alais seem to be the issue as discovered by Nobkins on the Reiza Dev forum.

Turn off AA in the Nvidia control panel, or possibly the AMS config tool. It is possible that SweetFX maybe be part of the problem as well.

Cheers

Update... seems the problems persist, the 980's are still freezing, 1070/1080 seem to be ok with SFx disabled.

Last edited:
@Casper

Anti-alais seem to be the issue as discovered by Nobkins on the Reiza Dev forum.

Turn off AA in the Nvidia control panel, or possibly the AMS config tool. It is possible that SweetFX maybe be part of the problem as well.

Cheers
Thanks Gringo. I will give those items a go.:thumbsup: One of my mates has tested a number of tracks under the same circumstances and believes it is track specific to Kansai but the AA may at least solve the issue in the short term.

I have automobilista. How does one install the rf DAQ plugin without rfactor? I run the installer but it does not continue because rfactor could not be found. I've tried directing to the ams beta folder to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you.

@Peter Binamira

Installation is a bit more complex after Reiza decided to save user files to "My Documents". If you run AMS as administrator then all of these problems go away and user files (like your player profile, config.ini, replays, session results) will save to the game folder and not "My Documents".

Hopefully you can sort it out with the following instructions in addition to the steps in the original post. Basically the DAQ plugin DLL and INI must be placed within the AMS game folders. Then ensure the output folder path for the Motec log files in the "DataAcquisitionPlugin.INI" is correct and the folder exists.

1. Run the DAQ plugin setup and point to the AMS Config.INI in
Code:
C:\Users\<myUsername>\Documents\Automobilista\

2. Copy the patched version of DataAcquisitionPlugin.DLL to the AMS plugins folder
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Plugins\
and delete the DataAcquisitionPlugin.DLL that was created by the DAQ setup in "My Documents".
Code:
C:\Users\<myUsername>\Documents\Automobilista\Plugins\

3. Move the DataAcquisitionPlugin.INI that was created during the DAQ setup from "My Documents"
Code:
C:\Users\<myUsername>\Documents\Automobilista\
to the AMS folder
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\

4. Complete the process from the original post.

Check this post for a bit more help, and be sure to read the setup notes during the DAQ install.

Last edited:
Just installed the plugin for AMS and I have copied over the patched ".dll" file to get i2 pro log files but it doesn't work. It only generates i2 log files. I have tried using the copied patched file and also using the patched and neither seems to do the job.

Hi,

The Motec log reader found in the download package is the last compatible version that will read the AMS log files generated by the plugin.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back