Automobilista Build 1.4.76 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Updated.png

Automobilista has been updated and with it several important fixes have been brought to the simulation.

Those of us running Windows 10 will have noticed a rather annoying tendency for Automobilista to crash on a regular basis following the latest update from Microsoft. This has been addressed by way of a new build update, alongside many other minor and major issues currently outstanding with the latest racing simulation from Reiza Studios.

Released today to the Steam network, the new build, dubbed 1.4.76, is another sizable release as Reiza look to bring development to a close on what has been a fairly major rate of progress on the Brazilian studio's latest sim racing PC title.

Although the new build offers many fixes and improvements, players who have previously experienced difficulties with the DynHUD causing crashes should keep the automatic disabling of this feature turned on. If however no previous issues have been experienced, players can re enable the setting by unticking the option to disable it in AMS Config.

It is also worth noting that Reiza have introduced advanced AntiAliasing settings in the Config application for Nvidia users. This should auto upgrade as part of the new build, however it is advisable to manually check this is indeed the case.

Below is the Changelog for v1.4.72 -> v1.4.76:
  • Added Config app option to disable DynHUD, disabled by default while some reliability issues are worked on (if you experienced no problems you may re-enable DynHUD by unticking the option in AMS Config)
  • Added support for advanced Nvidia Control Panel settings in the Config application so Nvidia Antialiasing settings can be configured straight from AMS Config)
  • Added Driving Line Aid (it adapts in real time to how fast you are going to give you updated information)
  • Speed Sensitivity is now customized for each vehicle
  • Added dynamic ambient / track temperatures, configurable via Track GDB, & configured ambient Track Temps at all default circuits according to real weather data
  • Corrected sunrise / sunset times for better accuracy
  • Season Tool: Fix userdata failure when Windows username contains non ascii latin1 characters
  • Added FFB for XInput Devices (may require loading of Controller Preset of Xbox Controller for it to start working, depending on your current settings. Support for one XInput FFB device only, limits all FFB to 90hz)
  • Added Refresh Connected Devices button to Controllers page, available from main & in-session menus
  • Made XInput built in deadzones configurable in the Controller.ini (also halved the amount from previous build)
  • Minor tweaks to Controller Damping Presets
  • Added Dedicated Server options to allow driving line or not
  • Added options to use predefined profiles in Dedicated Server and in Game Server for game difficulty
  • Made game DPIAware, so that the game formats correctly on PCs using non 100% scaling setting
  • Added actual game version to the Windows game window
  • Tweaked Tool Tip and Icon placement top right of screens in general
  • Adjusted Difficulty Settings page to be more organized
  • Added long spinner UI option so text doesn't get cut off with Controller Profile names or User Profile names
  • Adjusted In Game Monitor screen, tidied up the UI in general and organized. Added Session Info button which shows the general information about the current session. Online adjusted vote and server details options. Added Servername and Message of the day to the Server Info button.
  • Adjusted Garage page to hide pit stop options when pits not available. Made Session Info accessible from Garage Page and reorganized UI elements slightly
  • Reorganized Setup File browser and added non editable notes element to the Setup Browser
  • Improved AI Behaviour on Formation / Standing Start
  • Improved AI Behaviour behind Safety Car on Rolling Starts and SC periods
  • Adjusted Safety Car to take Fastest Line rather than a middle of the road line
  • AI cars now lift less under blue flag in race condition, and not at all in practice / qual for other AI cars as a temporary measure to avoid AI cars going off track (better blue flag logic currently under development)
  • Foz: Updated terrain textures to latest standards
  • Ibarra: fixed inner collision corridor at hairpin; fixed the headlight beams going up to the mountains; fixed specular levels on the road patches; slight tweak to AI performance
  • Adelaide: Fixed AI lining up after formation lap
  • Ascurra: Updated terrain textures to latest standards
  • Velopark: Updated model to feature 2017 modifications & terrain textures to latest standards
  • SuperV8: Adjusted fuel consumption estimates

Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.7_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation available from Steam.

Like mods? Looking to add plenty of new content to your Automobilista install? Well lucky you, we have an awesome AMS Modding Forum you can check view to download plenty of great community content! Don't forget playing games with others is fun too, so check out the AMS Racing Club sub forum for details of the many great online club race events we host on a regular basis here at RD.

What are your impressions of the new update? Happy with how AMS is progressing as it nears development end? Any specific things you would like to see addressed before the game reaches its final finished state? Let us know in the comments section below!

Very odd, but I cannot turn off the standard tach HUD (5 key) since this update. Here is a chronology of what I’ve experienced:
  • Updated to 1.4.76 via Steam
  • Went into test day with F-Retro at Imola ’72 (same car/track combo I was last in before the update)
  • Turned on standard tach. HUD with 5 key (it was not on)
  • Tach. HUD unable to be turned off no matter how many times I tap 5 key
  • All other numeric keys (3,4,6, etc…) work fine. I can enable/disable those at will.
  • Exited session, verified 5 key still mapped to tach HUD in settings
  • Started a new test day session: tach HUD on, will not turn off
  • Exited AMS & Steam. Used Notepad to verify 5 key on my keyboard was indeed working.
  • Restarted Steam & AMS. Back to Test Day with same car & track. Same behavior. Tach HUD on, will not turn off.
  • Exited session. Switched to f309. Test Day at same track. Same behavior with f309.
  • Exited session. Tried single race with f309. Same behavior.

Very odd, but I cannot turn off the standard tach HUD (5 key) since this update. Here is a chronology of what I’ve experienced:
  • Updated to 1.4.76 via Steam
  • Went into test day with F-Retro at Imola ’72 (same car/track combo I was last in before the update)
  • Turned on standard tach. HUD with 5 key (it was not on)
  • Tach. HUD unable to be turned off no matter how many times I tap 5 key
  • All other numeric keys (3,4,6, etc…) work fine. I can enable/disable those at will.
  • Exited session, verified 5 key still mapped to tach HUD in settings
  • Started a new test day session: tach HUD on, will not turn off
  • Exited AMS & Steam. Used Notepad to verify 5 key on my keyboard was indeed working.
  • Restarted Steam & AMS. Back to Test Day with same car & track. Same behavior. Tach HUD on, will not turn off.
  • Exited session. Switched to f309. Test Day at same track. Same behavior with f309.
  • Exited session. Tried single race with f309. Same behavior.

I have the same problem!

Are you referring to DynHUD or the standard HUD? I had the same "issue" with DynHUD. (Actually, it's not an issue.)

If you refer to DynHUD - maybe this is what you're looking for:

Have you guys unticked "disable DynHUD" in your AMS config which can be started via Steam?

There is a new setting which allows you to disable DynHUD right from the start. This option is automatically activated (i.e. DynHUD is disabled because there have been some issues with DynHUD for some/many people). So, if you want to use DynHUD you might untick that little square in the confic console.

After re-activating DynHUD your no. 5 key should work again (to switch between HUD modes).

BTW:
It's the first point in the changelog (Haven't paid attention to it before; found the option by myself because I wanted to test the new AA settings.:)):
Added Config app option to disable DynHUD, disabled by default while some reliability issues are worked on (if you experienced no problems you may re-enable DynHUD by unticking the option in AMS Config)

Last edited:
Have you guys unticked "disable DynHUD" in your AMS config which can be started via Steam?
We're not referring to anything in DynHUD. We're talking about one of the stock "HUDs" (ala rF1) that you get when you type 4, 5, or 6 on the main part of your keyboard.
For reference though, I double checked and the "Disable DynHUD" box is ticked on my AMS config as expected from the release notes. This is fine as I never use DynHUD.

We're not referring to anything in DynHUD. We're talking about one of the stock "HUDs" (ala rF1) that you get when you type 4, 5, or 6 on the main part of your keyboard.
For reference though, I double checked and the "Disable DynHUD" box is ticked on my AMS config as expected from the release notes. This is fine as I never use DynHUD.
Have you already tried to activate DynHUD in the config.exe and to decativate it in the ingame settings?
Maybe you can then use you key 5 again.
You might ask in the Reiza forums as well or you tag "Renato Simioni". I'm pretty sure, he will help you.

Have you already tried to activate DynHUD in the config.exe and to decativate it in the ingame settings?
Since I don't use DynHUD, I actually run the game with dynhud.dll and the entire DynHUD folder removed from the Plugins directory. It's run fine like this for several past versions.

Some additional info… I use GID instead of DynHUD. GID comes with its own d3d9.dll file that replaces the game’s. I thought perhaps this might be a culprit but I restored the d3d9.dll I had from 1.4.72 and the tach HUD issue still persists.

Additionally, I cleared the vote yes/no key bindings and remapped the tach HUD from the 5 key to the 1 key. I Exited AMS and Steam and verified that my remapping was present in my controller.ini file. The problem persists. The tach HUD will not turn off when pressing the 1 key.

BTW, I should state this is *not* at all a big deal to me. It’s a minor annoyance, if even that. I’m just providing as much specific info as I can to help isolate what the actual issue may be.

Added a third base shaker to my setup this week. First sim I was eager to try was AMS. But the damn thing kept crashing everytime I went out on track. Its good to see the devs hard at work a usual addressing these kinds of issues!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000