• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Automobilista and Rift VR: How To

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by aleph, Jun 29, 2017.

1. aleph

aleph

Ratings:
    +56
    Just a heads-up for Rift owners: although native VR is not planned for this incarnation of AMS, it is possible to do it. I tried it and it works fine. However, that requires two extra pieces of software: Vorpex and OpenTrack. A full tutorial can be found here. Unfortunately, it is in Portuguese, but it is quite detailed and I believe it can be followed even if one does not understand the language.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Sam Smith

Sam Smith
    www.tinshedracing.com Premium

Ratings:
    +219
    How did you go? Do you have a vr set to try it with?

3. aleph

aleph

Ratings:
    +56
    No, the guy who posted the video is my friend and I tried AMS in his equipment. It worked quite well - in fact, I think better than AC, because AMS is light on resources and gives a much better frame rate. I don't know much about the technical side of it, but Ricardo - that's his name - can answer you in English if necessary.

4. Sam Smith

Sam Smith
    www.tinshedracing.com Premium

Ratings:
    +219
    I don't have any devices but I know many people have been asking for it. I hope Ricardo can put up a few more videos with the split screen so I can cross my eyes and get the effect on my phone.
    Thanks for posting the information. I'll put it on the reiza forums and see if anyone is interested.

5. aleph

aleph

Ratings:
    +56
    If what you mean by "get the effect on my phone" is that you are using your cellphone as a stereoscopic device (with Google Cardboard or something like it), that's precisely how Ricardo started his channel. Only recently he got his Oculus. Before that, you will find there dozens of tutorials on how to play practically any game - including AMS - in 3D with full head movement using a Google Cardboard. That includes split-screen gameplay, so you can just load that into your phone and watch it in 3D.