Automobilista: 2017 Stock Car Brazil Coming in New Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista New Content.jpg

Reiza Studios have revealed a few sneaky teaser images from some exciting new content coming to Automobilista… introducing the new 2017 specification Stock Car Brazil Series!

Due to form part of the upcoming build 1.4.5, Reiza will be adding the 2017 Stock Car Brazil series as a free addition to their PC exclusive racing simulation, Automobilista.

Now down to just a single manufacturer in the form of the Chevrolet Cruze, the Stock Car Brazil update will surely be a welcome addition to a simulation that made its name as the official game of the series all the way back in 2012.

With new bodywork, more performance and better handling, the 2017 spec Cruze should produce a significantly enhanced experience over that the current model of cars already simulated within the title. Coming complete with all the drivers and liveries of the 2017 season, the new update will surely be well received by fans of the long running and spectacular Brazil based championship.

Additional to the new content, Reiza have been hard at work making yet more visual improvements to some of the circuits already found in the game, with preview images released for Cadwell Park, Curvelo, Imola, Interlagos, Santa Cruz do Sul, Spielberg, Taruma and the Virginia International Raceway locations. Other highlights include a brand new track (Curvelo) plus a newly revamped push-to-pass functionality featuring complete series rules and LED indicators plus their use with the game AI.

On the subject of AI, the new build will also feature yet more refinements to the way the Artificial Intelligence interact with both the player car and other AI on track. The new build should now reduce the hesitance to overtake that has often been complained about in previous builds of the title, hopefully going some way towards improving yet further the offline playability of this underrated simulation.

Build 1.4.5 is expected to release as early as the coming weekend, alongside the latest 'Reiza Development Roadmap'.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios, available via the Steam network.

Automobilista 1.jpg
Automobilista 2.jpg
Automobilista 3.jpg
Automobilista 4.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Automobilista 5.jpg Automobilista 6.jpg Automobilista 7.jpg Automobilista 8.jpg Automobilista 9.jpg

Pleased to see Stock Car 2017 coming to the sim? Which other series would you like to see adding in future? Happy with the progress of AMS so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
With new bodywork, more performance and better handling, the 2017 spec Cruze should produce a significantly enhanced experience over that the current model of cars already simulated within the title.

I think they handle the same I spend time with them. Compared AI 2015 and 2017 stock car, running the same times (only did fast qualy comparison, not during race, thanks to lack of my time right now). Compared car specs .. the same. So it seems to be identical car but just with different look. but the push to pass function is different. So maybe boost is that more performance. But Handling, I doubt that right now :)

Looks like Reiza will deliver quality stuff once again.

I don't really get why AMS is so underrated by many. Imo it's the best package out there but ppl keep talking about RF2, AC and iR as the big 3. Maybe Reiza needs to work more on the marketing side of things because I sure can't find out why someone would try AMS and think "naah, it's not for me". There is a car for everyone in here and the tracks are top notch. Sounds, physics and FFB is also one of the best and I don't mind the graphics at all.

Anyway, really looking forward to the new stock cars and the improved AI.

TheReaper GT

Learning stuff, eating cookies. :D
Real drivers opinion has no value sadly ...

Max drove F1 2017 and said it was very realistic :whistling:
I don't know if I should engage, but here we go... Reiza is a micro studio, I can assure you, they don't have the money to buy a race driver's opinion... One example is the Formula truck, made by them, most formula truck drivers that have a go said it's not even close.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 81 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.9%
  • €3001-5000