Automobilista: 2017 Stock Car Brazil Coming in New Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista New Content.jpg

Reiza Studios have revealed a few sneaky teaser images from some exciting new content coming to Automobilista… introducing the new 2017 specification Stock Car Brazil Series!

Due to form part of the upcoming build 1.4.5, Reiza will be adding the 2017 Stock Car Brazil series as a free addition to their PC exclusive racing simulation, Automobilista.

Now down to just a single manufacturer in the form of the Chevrolet Cruze, the Stock Car Brazil update will surely be a welcome addition to a simulation that made its name as the official game of the series all the way back in 2012.

With new bodywork, more performance and better handling, the 2017 spec Cruze should produce a significantly enhanced experience over that the current model of cars already simulated within the title. Coming complete with all the drivers and liveries of the 2017 season, the new update will surely be well received by fans of the long running and spectacular Brazil based championship.

Additional to the new content, Reiza have been hard at work making yet more visual improvements to some of the circuits already found in the game, with preview images released for Cadwell Park, Curvelo, Imola, Interlagos, Santa Cruz do Sul, Spielberg, Taruma and the Virginia International Raceway locations. Other highlights include a brand new track (Curvelo) plus a newly revamped push-to-pass functionality featuring complete series rules and LED indicators plus their use with the game AI.

On the subject of AI, the new build will also feature yet more refinements to the way the Artificial Intelligence interact with both the player car and other AI on track. The new build should now reduce the hesitance to overtake that has often been complained about in previous builds of the title, hopefully going some way towards improving yet further the offline playability of this underrated simulation.

Build 1.4.5 is expected to release as early as the coming weekend, alongside the latest 'Reiza Development Roadmap'.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios, available via the Steam network.

Automobilista 1.jpg
Automobilista 2.jpg
Automobilista 3.jpg
Automobilista 4.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Automobilista 5.jpg Automobilista 6.jpg Automobilista 7.jpg Automobilista 8.jpg Automobilista 9.jpg

Pleased to see Stock Car 2017 coming to the sim? Which other series would you like to see adding in future? Happy with the progress of AMS so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I really don't think this sims is "underrated" "underestimated" "understated" or something. Every time AMS is on sale, in the news, or appear in some featured videos everybody will reiterate how good AMS is and how "underrated" it is. It really is not "underrated". I think it's just that people seem to enjoy other sims a bit more. A maybe not so accurate description might be... everybody knows the Jaguar F-Pace is a good car and good value, but people still go for Range Rovers :p

A skin-pack and a slightly tweaked car -that's also the only one in the series- is "exciting new content"? Why is Reiza always so pampered around here? It really comes off as condescending to me.

A skin-pack and a slightly tweaked car -that's also the only one in the series- is "exciting new content"? Why is Reiza always so pampered around here? It really comes off as condescending to me.
In what way is it condescending?
I think a lot of members here like the way Reiza operates and enjoy the game. Regardless of whether it's one car it is still a genuine real life series from their Brazilian roots, not their fault that there's only one car and of course it's free new content.

I've been running racing sims since the original Crammonds Grand Prix days.
In all those years, AMS is the first (and only sim to date) which on entering the car at the start of a session, feels like a real car... without doing one or two laps.
Every other sim I've ever tried fails to handle like any car I've ever driven out of the box, for at least one or two laps.
The guys programming this great sim know their :poop:

The T300 does not work correctly. I've got oscillations, it does not recenter withthe beta. Tried with stock car and brazilian track.
By the way it looks great in 4k and the sound is amazing.

The T300 does not work correctly...

Not a single problem with my T300 (same for a friend with his). Great feeling, auto rotation works perfectly fine (main build, I don't play Beta).

My friend is a big and good AC player (several 100s hours). Moved to AMS for Reiza's TT challenge and played it exclusively for 3 months. Went back to AC this week: "damn, there's no front grip feeling.". You bet there's not. As far as I'm concerned, I've always felt AC's FFB is quite "remote" when compared to AMS. Though road surface feeling is much more detailed. I won't deny that.
AMS FFB has always felt quite natural and logical to me. I can easily compare the Mini FFB feeling to my own FF car (Clio RS 182) and I find the global FF car feeling very realistic and natural. I don't get that impression when playing AC.

Unfortunately for Reiza, AMS looks like the typical niche product. That "I-want-to-play-different" game. AC gives the impression that it's the go-to-game when you're looking for THE SIMULATOR. There are Porsche and Ferrari's. BMW's with licenses and all. You cannot compete with that when you're a niche product.

Just hope for Reiza's that AMS sales went OK and they'll keep making this type of simulator/game with AMS 2/Reiza17-18. :)

Last edited:

Condescending? Are you referring to Paul's announcement?:unsure:
It's a free addition. It's not like they are making you pay for it. Now I could understand your rant if they were charging for the update but because it's free and it adds yet more content to very well liked and supported sim, why would it grate you so much that you describe it as condescending?

I've been running racing sims since the original Crammonds Grand Prix days.
In all those years, AMS is the first (and only sim to date) which on entering the car at the start of a session, feels like a real car... without doing one or two laps.
Every other sim I've ever tried fails to handle like any car I've ever driven out of the box, for at least one or two laps.
The guys programming this great sim know their :poop:

What about rfactor 2 ?

What about rfactor 2 ?

AMS has consistently plausible and realistic feeling cars--as in they all feel like they exist in the same sim physics universe. rF2 cars range from brilliant to so-so and are about as inconsistent as would be possible to include in a single title. Different tire models, FFB generations and schemes, graphics standards, etc. AMS is polished; rF2 is not.

Have to say, the best update since a long time is coming. Finally Reiza bring us the real succesor of their base, the new Stock Car with updated tracks! What do you want more?
The simulation itself is one of the best, no doubt and it's impressive what they make with their limited ressources, simply brilliant.
Has anybody informations, is there really this weekend the new update?

Have to say, the best update since a long time is coming. Finally Reiza bring us the real succesor of their base, the new Stock Car with updated tracks! What do you want more?
The simulation itself is one of the best, no doubt and it's impressive what they make with their limited ressources, simply brilliant.
Has anybody informations, is there really this weekend the new update?

I personnaly want DX11 update but not with the RF2 Style with a decrease of 50% FPS and bug textures

(yes i know its a beta, dont hit me :) )

AMS has consistently plausible and realistic feeling cars--as in they all feel like they exist in the same sim physics universe. rF2 cars range from brilliant to so-so and are about as inconsistent as would be possible to include in a single title. Different tire models, FFB generations and schemes, graphics standards, etc. AMS is polished; rF2 is not.

Exactly how I feel about rF2 man, took the words out of my mouth.

Also, almost every time a new Reiza update is announced there is, without fail, a comment along the lines of "she may not look the best, but the driving is top-notch" or something similar. I believe the first or second comment in this thread is one of these.

I really have to say that by now those comments are just plain unwarranted and, frankly, insulting to the artists. Reiza easily has some of the the best looking tracks out now, for any sim. Just as good if not better that the latest offerings from Kunos or iRacing. The attention to detail is just mind blowing, truly, and their latest shaders really bring the realism and lighting up to par with some of the best looking sims out. All of this while still only running DX9, mind you. I can't even imagine how their content will look when updated to DX11/12 standards with dynamic reflection maps and all the other eye candy it would bring.

What about rfactor 2 ?
I like RF2 but it doesn't automatically go to the top of the list because it has an advance tire model.
A company can have all the data in the world (where simulation is concerned) and still get certain aspects dead wrong.
Stock out-of-the-box handling on some of the cars in RF2 exhibit incorrect behavior until the tire model comes into effect.
I'm not sure if that's a limitation or just an overly exaggerated built-in setting to simulate cold tires.
That feature holds true for almost all of the sims currently on the market.
Thing is... I don't remember encountering that same behavior in earlier sims...not GP3, GP4, none....despite having 'old' tire models.
The team at Reiza seem to have dispense with the gimmicks.
You get into the car and it responds as a real car should...right from the start.
There is none of the low speed silliness with cars sliding all over track and over-rotating at 20 mph, while telling us that's how cars work on cold tires....
That simply does not happen.
It doesn't happen with your road car... and it certainly doesn't happen in any race car I've ever driven.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back