Automatic throttle override under braking?

Is there any feature or third party app which will enable this ?
Why i want this? Read below!

I'm using my phone as a gampad with the help of Monect pc remote app, it has analogue steering and gas/brake, however i'm forced to disable the analogue gas/brake sensor because it hinders my steering input, i'm now using the provided buttons instead. they're just on-off buttons. It's very hard to control RWD and high powered cars with an on-off throttle switch you know.

So i've found a substitute for this misery, My axis starts at 50%(registered as zero throttle in-game) to 100%(full throttle) (see the screenshot below), Since i'm able to move the slider below 50% , I've set it to start at 40% which means throttle below 50% will be applied constantly without any player input

The calculated "fixed" throttle percentage comes to 16.6% in-game which is just enough to retain traction in the corners , IMO it is better than having no throttle at all which leads to wheel-spin and loss of traction. Hammering the throttle on-off continuously doesn't really work in this game i've discovered.

Now there's a flaw with my work-around, obviously the braking distance has increased by a considerable margin, the cars are also unstable under braking especially the mods one, no such problem with the Kunos.
zwisbtXr.jpg

TE9I1yd.jpg

Well you could move the slider to 49% so it would be a bit of "stable" and also a bit less heavy while braking.
There is no such thing as automatic overwrite. This is a sim created by a small team. They are busy with pleasing the "normal" players and sadly don't have the ressources for something that is not "real" and/or not used by many people.

PS: I like that idea of gaming with the Phone! Really insane thought: buy a used pair of pedals that can be plugged in directly to the PC. Pedals + Phone = awesome? :D

Controller will not cut it i think, it has no variable throttle either.

@RasmusP That will defeat the whole purpose of what i'm trying to achieve, the percentage bar on the slider above is not linear across all cars, for instance the X-bow just needs 48% to maintain 60kmph/37mph while other cars need the slider to be brought down to as much as 25% to get the same effect. You get it?

Yeah man, that's exactly what i'm planning to do, i can buy a set of cheap pedals right now and use it in conjunction with my phone until i save up enough for a G29 (T150 is as much as G29 where i live)

Controller will not cut it i think, it has no variable throttle either.

As mentioned, many modern gamepads have a variety of analog inputs (triggers, joysticks, multi-stage and force sensitive buttons, etc). Xbone controllers 100% have it, as do PS3 and PS4 controllers. PC specific hardware I haven't looked at in at least a decade, if not longer, but I'm sure there's equivalents as well. Xbone controllers work perfectly on PC; PS4 I'm not sure about.

Depending on how much you can get a set of pedals for, I'd be inclined to suggest you get an XBone controller to hold you over until you can buy a proper wheel. I'm sure the phone must get pretty warm in your hands, I know mine does with constant use like that.

PS4 controller drivers are not as native as X360/XB1 (which MS just has installed in windows from getgo) but they can be hooked up.

I think if you want a workaround you should look into how to set up the phone controls better (eg. have the brake button also cut throttle axis to 0%, throttle button alternate between 40 and 100%), if you could use mouse/keyboard input style you'd be better off cause it has built in assists for button gas/brake.

Pardon my ignorance please, i completely forgot about the analogue triggers, so i went out and borrowed an Xbox 360 controller from a friend and yes it does have analog accel-brake which is awesome but the stick steering is very twitchy, i don't like it at all! The G-sensor on my sensor is way better in terms of precision, if i increase the filter, it gets smoother but it's hard to do minute steering corrections with those settings. It works great with GTA V tho

I think if you want a workaround you should look into how to set up the phone controls better (eg. have the brake button also cut throttle axis to 0%, throttle button alternate between 40 and 100%), if you could use mouse/keyboard input style you'd be better off cause it has built in assists for button gas/brake.

How do i achieve that ? When i press the brakes, the throttle stays at the same spot. I can't even do a clean lap with the keyboard/mouse let alone setting a hotlap, it's a nightmare.

When i saw this dude doing such crazy driving with mouse steering, my jaws dropped to the floor, MAD RESPECT!

Hey guys, i finally found a reliable solution, You gotta have both the Gas and brake on a combined axis else it won't work! now it cuts off the throttle completely whenever i press the brake, you won't believe how much difference it has made to my lap times, i'm almost 10 seconds faster around the ring with plenty of scope to improve and handling is very predictable now, i love it!

Ah damn I didn't think of that, sorry!
So combined seems to be good, but how do you manage the "permanent throttle" now?
You mentioned that it's important to have that slightly throttle always on

It's a piece of cake, leaving the throttle open doesn't hamper the braking performance now, you can have as much "Fixed" throttle as you want, on fast tracks like SPA , Monza 1966 you can have 40% in-game throttle, it's essentially like having two steps for the throttle and braking isn't affected.

On Nordschleife for ex: i've set the throttle perimeter as such that i'm able to take most corners smoothly without the fear of hitting the inside curbs caused by liftoff oversteer. Talking about oversteer, having a fixed throttle means a set amount of forward acceleration is applied automatically after you lift off the brake pedal which helps avoid an oversteer situation, the system doesn't have to wait for your reactions which is critical on fast race cars.

uNGoWL2.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back