Tracks Autodromo do Estoril [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitja Bonca submitted a new resource:

Autódromo do Estoril - Autódromo Fernanda Pires da Silva

The Autódromo do Estoril (officially, Autódromo Fernanda Pires da Silva) is a motorsport race track in Portugal,
owned by state-run holding management company Parpública. Its length is 4.182 km (2.599 mi).
It was the home of the Formula One Portuguese Grand Prix from 1984 to 1996.
The capacity of the motorsport stadium is 45,000. The circuit has FIA Grade 1 license.
-
The Estoril circuit was built in 1972 on a rocky plateau near the village of Alcabideche, 9 km from the city of
Estoril,...

Read more about this resource...

ac-1f3bw4.jpg

LOL :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Road mesh the same quality as your Spielberg track?

Please let it be true, will make that 191 so much easier to compare ;)

Edit: is this the version with chicanes after senna's death or before?

The track has 2 layouts, with and without the chicane.
And it's the new chicane layout...it's ugly as f*ck but well it's realistic. :p

I actually love the right hander of the no-chicane version, such a tight exit with the armco right next to the track.

There are already both layouts of course @burrito . And its from 2016 :)
And Jordan 191 is a winner of all time, partly because it was Schumi's 1st f1 car, but mainly because of its look and brutality.
Road mesh still need some work, but even now its batter then at Spielberg.

Btw, how are fps?

Last edited:
The track has 2 layouts, with and without the chicane.
And it's the new chicane layout...it's ugly as f*ck but well it's realistic.
:p

I actually love the right hander of the no-chicane version, such a tight exit with the armco right next to the track.

Yeah, so?

But I already said it's got both layouts.
So what am I missing? :D

This sounded like first sentence was stating a fact about the real track and the second (because it followed the first, sounded as if you were then talking about the mod layout. That was how it came across to me :) Apologies.

@Mitja Bonca Great News and agree whole heartedly. I am yet to test as I wanted to see whether it had the 1991 layout. I am now well informed it does and so I shall download immediately and tell you. I can also take some pics at max settings. What car would you prefer? (I have no idea what races on this circuit right now).

Car does not matter. I would prefer images with no car(s) at all, and yes on max settings, some great ones :)
You can pm me for them.
Btw '91 layout exists I think (if '88 was the same).

Yes I checked once I saw the thread. There have only ever been two versions. One pre 1994 and one post 1994. And sure :) Will have a go :)

There are already both layouts of course @burrito . And its from 2016 :)
And Jordan 191 is a winner of all time, partly because it was Schumi's 1st f1 car, but mainly because of its look and brutality.
Road mesh still need some work, but even now its batter then at Spielberg.

Btw, how are fps?
Hi Mitja
Thank u for another great looking track. I spent hours on Grobnik and I am really enjoying Spielberg with the open wheel cars. I have definitely noticed an improvement in the quality of this new Estoril track compared to your first two. Looks Fantastic. It looks very HD. ( wishing Spielberg gets this new makeover look ... )
As per your question about FPS on this track, I am getting a bit more stuttering than your other tracks. I am running a 5820k at 4.5 ghz with A Titan X at 3440 1440 resolution. I noticed the same type of stuttering in your first few versions of Spielberg and now it runs pretty smooth on my max settings at my resolution. You definitely put a lot of work Into that track and it runs great now.
Looking at my MSI afterburner monitoring program it looks like a few of the CPU cores are getting a real hard workout while I'm driving the Ferrari 2002 on this track. The FPS do drop a lot while I'm pushing my open wheeler hard into braking and turning usually. The GPU is fine.
( side question Mitja, as a modder and tester what CPU are you using?? What do you think about the CPU optimization in AC?? What is causing the FPS dips and What would it take to get this game running silky smooth maxed out?? )

This track is definitely your best work yet and I am really Looking forward to the smoothed out updates. Thanks Mitja.

I have an i5 4670k (running at 3.4GHz) cpu and ati 760ti graphics card (2GB) and 12GB of RAM, and I run on high level of details (not on max), and it runs pretty smooth (no issues).
What are you asking me, I really have no clue (maybe someone else does). FPS is caused mainly because of many different objects, which everyone of them has a high resolution image (not all of them of course). I am still learning how to gain fps, there are plenty of ways to do so. The mesh it self is not an issue as far as I know (millions of trinagles doesn`t cost much of fps), but the textures (materials) do.
I think I forgot to set LODs for the objects in ksEditor too (damn, this is on my to-do list).
Its impossible to make it run silky smooth, especially not if you want to have some decent level of details in my opinion. Some tracks have more some less details and surrounding objects. Depends, what you want, but sooner or later you will have to deal with plenty of compromises, that`s a fact.

On my AMD 6950 FPS performance is not so good. All Kunos tracks run at 63 FPS locked, so do most of the mod tracks. This track runs at 40-50 FPS with stuttering, depending on the corner. Any FPS improvement is very welcomed :). The track drives and does look great though, I hope it's either scratch made or a legit conversion.

FPS seemed ok for me. But it did fluctuate more than official tracks when unlocked.

The track mesh also needs some work IMO. It is a tad too jagged causing the 98T and J191 issues because of their low ride heights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back