Tracks Autodromo do Estoril [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my AMD 6950 FPS performance is not so good. All Kunos tracks run at 63 FPS locked, so do most of the mod tracks. This track runs at 40-50 FPS with stuttering, depending on the corner. Any FPS improvement is very welcomed :). The track drives and does look great though, I hope it's either scratch made or a legit conversion.
Why do we always have to add a negative - querying if a mod is ripped especially when the creator is quite reputable having brought some of the best legit converted modded content to AC (Grobnik, Speilberg)...

Thanks Mitja - downloading now...

Great mod! Congratulations, and thanks,
One note: you have put auido files form spielberg track in the auido .ini file, i guess then if people do not have your spielberg track it will crash.
Otherwise then the auido file is not working.

I have an i5 4670k (running at 3.4GHz) cpu and ati 760ti graphics card (2GB) and 12GB of RAM, and I run on high level of details (not on max), and it runs pretty smooth (no issues).
What are you asking me, I really have no clue (maybe someone else does). FPS is caused mainly because of many different objects, which everyone of them has a high resolution image (not all of them of course). I am still learning how to gain fps, there are plenty of ways to do so. The mesh it self is not an issue as far as I know (millions of trinagles doesn`t cost much of fps), but the textures (materials) do.
I think I forgot to set LODs for the objects in ksEditor too (damn, this is on my to-do list).
Its impossible to make it run silky smooth, especially not if you want to have some decent level of details in my opinion. Some tracks have more some less details and surrounding objects. Depends, what you want, but sooner or later you will have to deal with plenty of compromises, that`s a fact.
maybe a way to gain fps is to set lods for all objects so they dissapear on the distance, also remove cast shadow from objects that do not need it like skidmarks, and grass, grabels, roads etc.

If it's proven to be illegal it will be rightly be removed.

I've 3Dsimed: Extracting a Kn5 takes 1 min.

The crowds are used in all rF2 tracks. So look for the Crowds file.

The Crowds_2.dds in this track...
crowds_02 [155854].jpg

Portugal.jpg

So who is this guy? :)
Who is this.jpg

:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%