1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Australia expansion pack, anyone?

Discussion in 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' started by Rhys Gardiner, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Two words: Road Trains.

I'd like to see how people handle driving one of these monsters through 3000km of red desert! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh yes, hours and hours of straight roads and nothing but dirt for miles :thumbsup: :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. You could say it's a challenge in and of itself... :roflmao:

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Lol ;) Try parking that one backwards on a small sized industrial area :)

On a more serieus note, althoug I do understand the specialness in this, I do doubt if it would last. A lot of the fun of the game is the dricing backwards, and driving through the narrow streets of a city. These monsters don't come to a city, so it would indeed be just the desert runs. I think people will get bored with them soon. After all, when driving in a straight line, it doesn't matter that much how long the vehicle is.

5. dont want to be captain obvious or nasty but isnt the game called Euro Truck Simulator 2 if so what are you putting a country from Australasia in a game that is made for trucking iin europe

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Oh road trains :inlove:

Bit offtopic but doesnt Australia have a normal network of train connections?

7. How about driving on unsealed roads? :p

I'm not being serious about this. ;)

Yes we do, but only in the south and east. Many of the major mining operations in the northwest and interior of the country don't have railway connections to the ports and cities - only highways. That's where the road trains come in. This map of the major roads and railway routes should clarify: http://www.sydney-australia.biz/maps/australia/graphics/australia-rail-map.png

8. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Well, there are some rumours surrounding ETS2 that we might get double trailers in the future.
    Which in europe look something like this:
    [​IMG]

9. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Would be nice! Although I really wonder how people drive backwards with a double trailer :).

10. ...With great difficulty...

• Like Like x 1
  11. You know the
    Elphinstone Easyloader:D

12. oooh, can we get one of these going (joking)

[​IMG]

13. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

We wont be getting them in the UK any time soon, a local large haulier has been pressing for this for a while now and recently got arrested after a PR stunt demonstrating these combinations on the public road ( Company is called DENBY from Lincoln UK )

Spooky spooky, just found this updated news report on this very subject, how odd !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-20318649

14. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

LOL, all that engine and steel, and then the tiny little pokey driver cabin perched on top ;)

About sums up where in the food chain the average driver is considered in the industry.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Don' t know why not. It could be an addon - drive the distance with 4 trailers, and then unhitch and park them up individually at the depot.