ATCC GrpC, Ford Falcon XD, 6 cars skinpack, 2k+3k+4k

Skins ATCC GrpC, Ford Falcon XD, 6 cars skinpack, 2k+3k+4k v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

carmar

Premium
Hi mate, your XD and XE skins are cool. Is it possible to upload either a plain white (no livery) version to use as a template, or a proper template file like a layered .psd? That would be hugely appreciated :)
Why I am asking is I have created a mod for private use and am now adding some more recent cars including the XD-XE from the Touring Car Masters Series and would like to create skins of those current liveries... ps. I'm also chasing a template for the L34 Torana if you have it?

Last edited:
Hi Viequy!
If you have the ATCC mod installed, you should take a look in the vehicle folders. Templates are stored there in the form of png files. The skins are then created as png. If you have any further questions, I'll be happy to help.

Thanks for the reply. I found the the .png file for the XD which is great :). The XE is a different story. The XE file is just the Greens-Tuf version labeled as ford_falcon_xe2.png in the base texture directory, with no shader file. Perhaps it's because I'm using a very old version of photoshop but when I open that .png file there are no layers (like a .psd) to find a 'shade' layer within, it's just a flat file. Similar story with the Torana, there is one for the A9X but not the L34.

I'm refering to unpacking the .kn5 file in 3dsimed as to finding the textures. I don't actually have a high end computer to run Assetto so the game is acually not installed itself to find in a game directory, but assume it's all the same files unpacked.

I'm actually creating a private mod for Race 07 which uses files completely differently. As well as a correctly formatted .dds file with shaders, you also need to create a separate reflective layer (with shaders) as well an alpha layer within (masking what parts should not be reflective). Perhaps Assetto Corsa does not have or need this other file (Assetto must do a lot of the shading in game). Without all this in race07 the cars just look rubbish because there is no reflective definition.

Any further help would be appreciated :)

*Ps If i get my mod up to a high enough standard I may approach the guys for permission to release.

I created my templates using the Content Manager. This vehicle mod is generally very special. It's not exactly of high quality, which you quickly notice when painting it. In this mod the skins are saved as png and not as dds. Painting these vehicles cost me a lot of nerves.
Here is a download link to my Ford Falcon XE2 template.
https://ufile.io/4kgjwek0

Thanks heaps! I know what you mean about the nerves. Am trying to recreate every car in Touring Car Masters series which has taken hundreds of hours... Just converting the XE has taken 3 days! almost done, but frustrating! One glitch left... the brake lights are not visible directly behind, and only one brake light is visible at a time at an angle, totally weird and makes no sense. Tried every fix. It's the exact same brake light I use in other mods with no issue...
I'll keep you posted when I finish the TCM Falcon skins. :)

Hi Mate, I finally finished and have had time to upload the real world XD and XE Falcon skins I've painted. I've posted the 3 skins on the site, you can download them here: https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/xd-xe-falcon-skins-x3-tcm-greens-tuf-bathurst-2k-4k.68386/

Because the mod I created them for is actually on another platform, and I don't use or have Assetto Corsa I've had to convert the skins back from .dds files to .png. I have no way of knowing if my skins actually work in game; making them available for Assetto Corsa has been a bit of guess work... If you were able to download them and give them a go, are you able to advise me if they work please?
Much appreciated :)

The skins work so far. However, you should rename the folder for the Ford Falcon XE Green Tuf, otherwise it will overwrite another skin. ;)

Thanks. Great to know. :)
If you are interested I just also uploaded some Torana skins for Touring Car Masters Series.

The A9X cars will work in the same ATCC mod as the Falcons, and apparently other mods out there.

The L34 (4 door) cars should work in the ATCC Holden Torana L34 v101 mod, They should also work in another other 4 door Torana mods but may need some file names tweaked to match that particular format to work in them.
:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea