ASUS Bezel free Kit.. What kind of wizardry is this?

Just got the kit, it's no gimmick. It's awesome, worth the price. Gave my triples a new life, note: it's for 27" and smaller. No slack for 32" monitors.
IMG_20200123_200704.jpg

It doesn't need to be clear plastic. I had some excess PVC plastic (less than 2mm thick) but, anything rigid enough, that you can cut down to the width you need should work (mine are about 1" wide). Then I cut the mylar (Chrome) a little wider (1/8 - 1/4") so it would naturally curve at the leading edge (conceals the plastic-edge from view).

Upvote 0
Here's a little more coverage for the kit:

My first impression is a positive one. The minor artifacts that it adds to the screen are outweighed by a seamless removal of the bezels themselves. That being said, $109 USD is still a little steep. I was able to pick up a returned set for $79, so $40 per screen is a little more palatable. Unfortunately for me, one of them came with three unreported scratches that are noticeable in dark hues, so be careful for that, if you happen to go used like I did.

Upvote 0
I was able to do a return with my kit & order a second used pair. So, Between the two used kits, I managed to make a flawless set. $40 USD per side actually seems reasonable, as taking them off feels like a setback now.

Upvote 0
It doesn't need to be clear plastic. I had some excess PVC plastic (less than 2mm thick) but, anything rigid enough, that you can cut down to the width you need should work (mine are about 1" wide). Then I cut the mylar (Chrome) a little wider (1/8 - 1/4") so it would naturally curve at the leading edge (conceals the plastic-edge from view).

Dou you have some pictures to explain your text?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea