Astell & Kern:: Warning

HiGuys,
I thought I'd give you all a warning, that could happen to anyone .
I bought an MP3 player, an Astell&Kern, from Amazon. It wasn't delivered, and got loads of tomorrow, tomorrow.
I asked for a refund, and here's where you can get caught: They're a 3rd party seller...NOT Amazon. They REFUSED to give my money back.

Now the police are involved. I've made countless phone calls and emailed everyone.
I STILL haven't got my £699 back. So if you buy something from Amazon MAKE SURE they aren't a 3rd party seller. Amazon won't refund your money! You have to work hard to get nowhere!

Needless to say I'd don't think Astell&Kern are a good company. I certainly will never buy from them again.

Bye!

First go through your credit card (or Paypal, whichever is relevant) and stop payment. That will get the vendor's attention.

I bought direct from Amazon, so they deduct the money as soon as the seller says he's sent it.
Maybe they did, but the item never got to me. They actually said they'd done their part by sending it, any problems were nothing to do with them!

BUT! With the Police and Amazon Customer Services on my side ended up with a full £699 refund! I just got a phone call from Amazon. It was so like Pulp Fiction, mofos on it, Mr.Wolf on the way.

It's a huge flaw in Amazon, be careful!

An additional update for anyone considering buying hifi equipment.
I ordered a Zen CAN Signature HFM directly from the manufacturer Ifi. Another nightmare!
My order instantly achieved 'processing' status, and there it stayed.
There's no phone number to call, no email either. You have to join a separate website and raise a ticket, for your product, including the serial number. Which I don't have!
I eventually managed to raise a ticket with my order number in the title. No response, nothing.
I went to PayPal to recover my money. VOILA!!! An email with my delivery details!
Just really poor business practices.

I would recommend finding a 3rd party seller (not Amazon) and deal with them. Their entire business is to get the item to you!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.