Assetto Corsa: Zandvoort and Toyota GT86 snapshots

gt86.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have published some more information about the upcoming Bonus Pack for Assetto Corsa on social media.

The image above shows the long awaited Toyota GT86 which confirmation to the game we revealed back in September last year during our visit to the game's press event.

There's no release date or more accurate information available about the free expansion, but Marco Massarutto did shed some more light on the direction that the studio has taken for their racing title.

Kunos is taking a more feature-based approach to this Bonus Pack:

"Our priorities are focused on additional multiplayer functionalities, AI routines and wherever there is still room for improvement, but I guess you will appreciate that we don't want to neglect even details like this. So you can expect another big step forward coming with the Bonus Pack, since our efforts are not focused just on releasing contents"

He posted the above while attaching a snapshot from the work-in-progress Zandvoort circuit.

zand.jpg

Let us know in the comments which improvements you'd like for Assetto Corsa.

-please fix the starts! not being able to jump the start is silly!
I would guess the jumping the start issue is related to the overall penalty system. Because they can only apply a 5 second slow down penalty at the moment it probably wouldn't work to well for a jump start. You could maybe jump the start 6 seconds before lights out, wait 5 seconds and maybe still get a 1 second head start ahead of everybody else. The other scenario may be be a restricted car at lights out causing a road block for any cars behind.

So I guess we should be on the look out for drive throughs, or stop go penalties to be implemented before we can expect jump starts to get introduced.

There isn't a 5sec penalty since v1.1. There is track cutting penalty during a race which tells you to slow down to 35kmh or wait a non-fixed amount of seconds without accelerating to end the penalty. And you don't need to serve the penalty right away, but you have to before you cross the lap line, otherwise you'll get a black flag.
In practice/qualification, if you cut the track you'll receive invalid lap time and you need a new clean lap to post a time.

About jump starts, it would give you 1 warning, and the next driver that jumps the start will be disqualified, without a warning; as the warning is general. But depends on how the actual rules are for racing, I think I explained the one for 100m athletics run.

Real starting (i can only imagine that being done for casual drivers), rolling start, useful cutting penalty (no, when i'm going too fast and end up in the gravel outside of the corner i did NOT cut), improved AI, MP filter criteria + a ranking system, and, and, and ...

There are so many things that need attention, but none of them can be fixed by modellers, texture artists, sound artists or anybody in the creative department, so i'm very happy that Kunos is delivering more content for the hotlapping until we're getting the good stuff :)

Fix the fooooking brakes!!!!! Seriously locking up the brakes on cars without ABS like F40 makes me seriously frustrated.
The first thing is that on G27 they like to lock up at 30%, 50%, 60%... And the 2nd thing - it's a guess-shot when they're gonna lock... For me it's the main thing that KS should somehow fix.
Other is the details like not working rearlights on cars, not working dashboard backlight on non-DLC cars (most of - on some Lotuses it works actually) and some other visual inaccuracies...

EDIT: And for God's sake, please let us choose default tires for all cars (or revers them to street as it was in EA versions), and please let us choose tires for AI OPPONENTS.
'Cause driving F40 with '90s tires against CTR with semislicks sucks...

Fix the fooooking brakes!!!!! Seriously locking up the brakes on cars without ABS like F40 makes me seriously frustrated.
The first thing is that on G27 they like to lock up at 30%, 50%, 60%... And the 2nd thing - it's a guess-shot when they're gonna lock... For me it's the main thing that KS should somehow fix.
Other is the details like not working rearlights on cars, not working dashboard backlight on non-DLC cars (most of - on some Lotuses it works actually) and some other visual inaccuracies...

EDIT: And for God's sake, please let us choose default tires for all cars (or revers them to street as it was in EA versions), and please let us choose tires for AI OPPONENTS.
'Cause driving F40 with '90s tires against CTR with semislicks sucks...
You've got plenty of answers here, in your thread: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/brakes-without-abs-sensivity-locking-up.24107/
Is more about your pedals that need to be calibrated before you enter the game, to have full range. So press them a couple times. Then depends on your gamma setting, default 2.4 should be good, with something lower or higher can be more difficult to have a better feeling. And use pedals app to actually see how much pedal travel, and watch the damage display if it pops up flashing the the tyres, then look at pedals app to see how far the pedal went.

• Deleted member 205301

-make the ai brake more realistically (as it is now i can outbrake them into almost every corner by a long shot; they brake too early and then they release the brake 20m before the turn-in and coast and brake again=dumb)
Totally agree with this... I don't run multi since my last 3 races (3 month before), against some...kids /idiots/wreckers... And i'm really not the only one to do that. Usually run iracing, so it's impossible for me to have pleasure on ACmulti (races are always a disaster). So AI is the only way racing and with this stupid ai'braking (and this stupid AI'lines) it's really odd

I don't run multi since my last 3 races (3 month before), against some...kids /idiots/wreckers..
AC MP in a nutshell:
* Race starts
* Masscrash in 1st corner (you need to win the race in the first corner!!111eleven)
* Restart vote

Every racing sim needs a ranking system like iRacing.
Of course needs adjustments due to privately run servers, but still, it's a must to filter out those guys if you're looking for clean racing.

You've got plenty of answers here, in your thread: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/brakes-without-abs-sensivity-locking-up.24107/
Is more about your pedals that need to be calibrated before you enter the game, to have full range. So press them a couple times. Then depends on your gamma setting, default 2.4 should be good, with something lower or higher can be more difficult to have a better feeling. And use pedals app to actually see how much pedal travel, and watch the damage display if it pops up flashing the the tyres, then look at pedals app to see how far the pedal went.

Hi!
I spent a lot of time adjusting the options both in profiler and ingame since the game came out in TP.
Setting the axis sensivity in profiler (3~5%) is a must. Playing with brake gamma is another thing.
With those 2 tools you can extend somehow the pedal travel. But gamma gives you a hit on braking accuracy.
For me the most irritating thing is that you can't feel when the wheels will lock.
As I wrote somewhere - it's a guessing game. The signs of coming lock-up even with ffb set at 100% ingame and in profiler are very weak, and there is very little space for mistake (braking too hard in this case). And the game punishes lock-ups very harsh as even few short lock-ups can tear apart your tires within 3 or 4 laps...
Oh, and important thing - my point of reference is braking in F40 with '90s or standard street tires on Green track.

What would you exactly feel in a real car when the brakes lock up? Sound of the tyres and steering going light because you are sliding on the surface, with almost no friction between the tyres and the road. And maybe some steering vibration/shake, or some minor forces as you're searching for grip. And that is exactly how it also feels in AC when you lock up the wheels. Additionally, they even alert you through the damage display with tyres flashing.

Hi!
I spent a lot of time adjusting the options both in profiler and ingame since the game came out in TP.
Setting the axis sensivity in profiler (3~5%) is a must. Playing with brake gamma is another thing.
With those 2 tools you can extend somehow the pedal travel. But gamma gives you a hit on braking accuracy.
For me the most irritating thing is that you can't feel when the wheels will lock.
As I wrote somewhere - it's a guessing game. The signs of coming lock-up even with ffb set at 100% ingame and in profiler are very weak, and there is very little space for mistake (braking too hard in this case). And the game punishes lock-ups very harsh as even few short lock-ups can tear apart your tires within 3 or 4 laps...
Oh, and important thing - my point of reference is braking in F40 with '90s or standard street tires on Green track.

well I've just tried the F40/green track/90's tires combo and I feel the ffb vibrating progressively until full lockup where the wheel gets light. feels good enough for me, but I have the slip effects slider in ffb options on 52%. maybe try playing with that?

Rate the racers , weed the garden.....the only way to multiplay.....IRacing aced it for keeping skill levels .....it works. The harder you try the better your rating , the better the races.

IRacing for 5 years, I will swear by it.....finishing races is half the battle....no incidents the other half.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.