Assetto Corsa Xbox One Update to Launch by "End of Next Week"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have revealed they expect the Xbox One V1.14 update for Assetto Corsa to deploy as early as next week, following delays to the submission process...

With both PC and PlayStation 4 versions of the title having undergone the 1.14 update treatment earlier in the year, Xbox One players have been forced to wait that little bit longer whilst Kunos Simulazioni iron out the final details required to ensure the simulation passes authentication process with Microsoft.

After much work having been undertaken behind the scenes, Kunos have taken to Twitter to confirm they expect the game to pass through the often difficult verification process with Microsoft and be released to the general public by the close of the coming week.

Kunos stated:

"Hi everyone. Firstly, we want to apologise for the delay in bringing Update v 1.14 to our Xbox One players. Unfortunately, these things don't happen at the press of a button and we have encountered a few hiccups in our submission process. The team are working incredibly hard to fix those issues and we hope to resubmit very soon. All being well we hope to launch by the end of next week".

Understandably disappointing for players running the latest Microsoft console, the version 1.14 build of the sim is a considerable step forward for the title and brings with it a raft of improvements and enhancements throughout the game. Although the wait has been a little bit longer than is ideal, the proposed changes should represent a worthwhile update to the game and help bring Assetto Corsa closer to its main console racing rivals.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check the Assetto Corsa sub forum out and see if you can find yourself a great place to join in with your fellow sim racing fans to discuss this game!

Happy with AC on console so far? Looking forward to the Xbox One update? Let us know in the comments section below!

For everything great about Assetto on PC the Xbox version has to date been a disappointment. Normally I'd have been on their case about the long delay but having played the latest PS4 update (the one we are waiting for on Xbox now) I know how much of an improvement it is and it is worth the wait. Our Xbox group is very much looking forward to finally being able to race with the track/content mix of our choice when this released. We've even managed to convince a few people who said "I'll never play that **** again" to give it another try once the update is released.

This console update and the current PC AI update really do transform AC from a hotlapping simulator with (arguably, I know we all like different things) some of the best steering feel into a great rsimulator for online and single player racing.

I've been highly critical of Kunos in the past in relation to the console version and I still think this has all taken far too long. I hold that AC on console should have been released in the console Preview (Early Access) programme as it was nowhere near feature complete at launch .I expected them to have abandoned the game by now. The latest updates have restored my faith that they are good to their word and will eventually make this game as close a match as possible for the excellent pc version.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back